2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Horrible fuel leak - please read

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 12:04 AM
LoneWolf71 is on a distinguished road
Angry Horrible fuel leak - please read

Well, I replaced my lower intake gaskets with the good Felpro set. This is my 3rd Blazer and I knew it was not an "if" but when issue. New AC Delco Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, thought I might as well replace the oil pressure sending unit since its pretty much impossible to do so without it being torn apart. Replaced the temp sensor too for the heck of it. Replaced the upper intake gasket, took the throttle body off and cleaned it and replaced the gasket, removed valve covers and replace gaskets, and all parts were cleaned and look new. While I was at it, I went ahead and replaced the CPFI with a nice new MPFI:
( https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ado-217-3028 )

Here is where I think I screwed up. I took out the bolt holding the fuel line bracket on the back of the lower intake, and just kinda bent the fuel lines away to make room. It took quite a bit of effort to pull and pry and even bend them back to what looked like a decent, straight insert to the new MPFI fuel ports, but I did have to tap the larger line in.

Once I got everything back together, I turned the key to pressurize the fuel system and then started it. Fired right up but was rough, then I smelled the gas! Where the upper fuel lines go into the new MPFI was leaking BAD! I did lubricate the fuel lines going in, but I have a very bad gas leak now from where to fuel lines go into the MPFI. I know I need to take them back out and inspect the seals on the MPFI ports and if they look ok, can I unbolt the fuel line bracket from the lower intake manifold to get a better fit? I don't see those coming loose even unbolted. If no, does anyone know the part number for the upper fuel lines? I have looked and I guess I just don't know the name of the duel fuel line. I hope this makes sense. Any advice would be very appreciated. Too much work went into this and I am just a bit peeved. I saw on here that others have bent them out of the way, so I figured why not!

Sorry for the long post.. after this happened tonight I decided slamming some beers were in order. Been a long week and my whole body hurts from this endeavor. Other than that, it seems like everything is great! LOL Thanks for any input here.

Last edited by LoneWolf71; 05-13-2017 at 09:15 AM.
Old 05-13-2017, 08:09 AM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

The easiest way I've found is unbolt from the lower manifold, get your fuel lines into the mpfi and get the clamp in there, then re bolt it to the intake.

Make sure the o-rings on the fuel lines aren't missing or destroyed...if new ones are needed order from GM- they aren't standard sizes

Old 05-13-2017, 09:12 AM

Thanks, I will pull them out and check. Appreciate ya!

Old 05-13-2017, 05:07 PM

I see no o-rings on the actual fuel lines, I thought all the o-rings were inside the spider assembly? Lines are out, still having a hard time getting them to seat without some force and relying on the clamp to hold them. Please advise. Thank you.

Old 05-13-2017, 10:02 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

My o rings have normally came out on the line...did you see o rings inside the spider? I'd make absolutely sure they're there.

My fuel lines kept popping out a little bit too, I held them firmly in place and tightened the clamp, and had no issues afterwards.

Old 05-14-2017, 01:35 PM

I do see the yellow o-ring when I am looking down, and the old spider looks identical to it. I pulled the old o-rings from the old spider out with a hook tool and there was also a black o-ring and washer underneath of the yellow one. It seems now I have another ordeal, I lost one of the tiny 8mm nuts that screw down the clamp. I hope to find that as I am not sure anyplace other than a dealer would have those little things. Ugh