2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

how to operate seat memory?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 09:44 AM
ehall is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how to operate seat memory?

Hi, I picked up a pair of heated power leather seats from a rolled S-10 Blazer for my Jeep. Wiring them up was pretty simple, and the motors and heaters seem to work fine. However I can't seem to make the memory function work... I don't know if the module is bad or wired wrong, or maybe I am just using it wrong. In order to start testing this, can somebody tell me what the correct button sequence to set and recall memory A and B?

Thanks!

Old 11-21-2008, 10:38 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: how to operate seat memory?

You may not be able to utilize the memory feature. There is a class 2 serial connection to the memory module that allows the module to communicate with the other systems in the truck. In my old Bravada, you could not change memory positions while moving. You could store the position say if you moved it and wanted to store the new position, but you could not switch between Driver 1 and Driver 2 while moving. This functionality is made possible through the serial communication link. I am not sure if you can spoof that. The wire in question is pin 13 (brown/white wire) on connector 1 (18 pin black connector). You could try grounding it out and see what that does... I would not expect much, but it is worth a try. You may want to put a very light (~1A) fuse inline before grounding it so to possibly protect the module itself...

Old 11-22-2008, 09:13 AM
ehall is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: how to operate seat memory?

Thanks for that info, very useful. I'll test that stuff in a couple of weeks and report back with what I find.