2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

How to replace TCC solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

A vacuum leak could definitely set the P0131 and P0151. Both O2 sensors are indicating low output voltage, which means a lean mixture, which is what vacuum leaks cause... makes perfect sense. vacuum hose is waaaaaay cheaper than an O2 sensor

Old 03-10-2013, 05:04 PM
Beginning Member
Zack98 is on a distinguished road

Well I did find a vacuum leak and most of my lines are dry rotten and falling apart so there's probably others. it runs better now but still has the problem with the tranny and I'm not sure if it still has that code. I haven't been able to get my hands on a scan tool that shows live data I found one online i may just buy later on but in the mean time I'll keep trying to get my hands on one so we can figure this thing out.

Old 10-18-2015, 05:14 PM
Beginning Member

Well I'm back sorry it's been so long after I replaced every vacuum line under the hood, my transmission went out and I had other things to worry about. My wife is now pregnant and it looks like were going to need the Jimmy back. I just replaced the transmission and cleared the codes when I took it for a spin nothing has changed. I bought an el cheapo scan tool but it does read the live data. now I can't read the flow chart. When I zoom in to read it it just gets blurry. I believe it's just a thumbnail pic. Is there any way to rectify this so I can start going through the steps.

Old 10-19-2015, 01:02 PM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Zack98
Well I'm back sorry it's been so long after I replaced every vacuum line under the hood, my transmission went out and I had other things to worry about. My wife is now pregnant and it looks like were going to need the Jimmy back. I just replaced the transmission and cleared the codes when I took it for a spin nothing has changed. I bought an el cheapo scan tool but it does read the live data. now I can't read the flow chart. When I zoom in to read it it just gets blurry. I believe it's just a thumbnail pic. Is there any way to rectify this so I can start going through the steps.
Send Swartlkk a private email and tell him which diagnostic chart images do not download (you did click on the image right?). I think some of them were lost some time ago during a server malfunction. I'm sure he will help you.

Last edited by LesMyer; 10-19-2015 at 01:04 PM.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:06 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Lesmyer
Send Swartlkk a private email and tell him which diagnostic chart images do not download (you did click on the image right?). I think some of them were lost some time ago during a server malfunction. I'm sure he will help you.
Awesome thank you. Yea I clicked the image and it goes to a page with just the pic but it is a thumbnail image.

Old 10-21-2015, 06:03 PM
Beginning Member

Well I sent swartlkk 2 messages so far and have not gotten an answer does anyone know where I can get the flow chart for DTC P0131?

Old 10-21-2015, 06:12 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough
Old 10-21-2015, 07:56 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zack98
Well I sent swartlkk 2 messages so far and have not gotten an answer does anyone know where I can get the flow chart for DTC P0131?
Three messages actually, all during the day yesterday... Didn't know this was a life or death situation... But hey, whatever.

Feel free to pick yourself up a copy of the factory service manual or get an AllDataDIY.com account if you need immediate access to diagnostic information.

Old 10-21-2015, 10:55 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
Thank you

Old 10-21-2015, 11:10 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Three messages actually, all during the day yesterday... Didn't know this was a life or death situation... But hey, whatever.

Feel free to pick yourself up a copy of the factory service manual or get an AllDataDIY.com account if you need immediate access to diagnostic information.
Sorry for my impatience, I am Just really pressed to get this fixed. I don't have much time after work to work on it and every day idle feels like an eternity. If I could afford a mechanic I would. I know that's my problem, but I am very grateful for everyone's help. Thanks a million.

Quick Reply: How to replace TCC solenoid