2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

I am my Blazer's slave

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 07:30 AM
rickmfromnh is on a distinguished road
Default I am my Blazer's slave

I was going to use another word for slave, but I decided not to. But it truly feels like the Blazer owns me. I found out that my rear pads, rotors and dust shields are completely gone; that was supposedly fixed in January for my inspection.

I found out the reason the Blazer has no power and the check engine light blinks at me is due to the fact that when the old engine blew and the "new" junkyard engine was put in, all the old sparkplugs, wires, distributor cap and stuff was reused. After sitting for a month and a half it all went bad. So on top of having to replace the rear brakes, I have to do a full tune up and get a new battery in hopes that that will stop all of my warning lights from turning on and off at random.

Attached Thumbnails I am my Blazer's slave-cimg4180.jpg   I am my Blazer's slave-cimg4181.jpg   I am my Blazer's slave-cimg4182.jpg  
Old 08-22-2011, 07:57 AM
Beginning Member
Matty man is on a distinguished road

Welcome to my world as well! Seeing the rust on your shock I figured you are in the northern states and I see your in NH,, is it nice to fight to get things to break loose due to rust? My rears are the same way, I just did my fronts and had to beat the #@!% out of the rotors and use heat to get them off,, they were rusted so bad to the front bearings ,, and of course I used so much force to get them off I replaced both front bearings,,
On your check engine light,, does it flash all the time?? If so somethings not hooked up or there is a problem with the computer reading something,, was the motor the same year or same series as your blazer? When you do a tune up use only a GM cap & rotor,, I have spent 3 hours once on a 4.3 with the best cap/rotor from a parts store, had a slight miss to it,, put on a GM cap/rotor and ran so smooth,, Matty man

Old 08-22-2011, 11:27 AM
rickmfromnh is on a distinguished road

My check engine light is on all the time due to the air pump being fried. Right now it only flashes going uphills when I have to put the petal to the floor. As for the engine, I have no documentation from the dealership; but I am guessing it is for a 1999-2001 seeing as how it takes the air pump. I have not yet changed the rear brakes, but I imagine it will be easier than doing the fronts; I have heard from many people that front brakes are always a pain. And my mechanic only uses GM parts for GM vehicles, so it should run nice after it is fixed...which might be next month or October even.