2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

I give up, need help/advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 08:40 PM
oldrock2401 is on a distinguished road
Default I give up, need help/advice

I just got my 01 blazer done from throwing an engine bearing, pretty much rebuilt it. I am throwing a p0102 code all the time (maf), it stalls out and I lose power. Cleaned the maf and changed nothing, if I unplug the maf while its running there is no diff in the way it runs. Could a bad maf really cause it to stall and kinda feel like a miss.

2nd prob, was in town the other day...when I was at a stand still it took foreverrrr to get up to speed, then once I was up to speed the rpm didnt drop to where it usually is. Got home threw my obd2 thing on it, pulled a code p0756 (2-3 Shift sol). Have had a shade tree mech say that the trans is done and need to get another. Drove the blazer today and drove perfect, still pulling a p0756 code. Called a trans shop and they said it could very well be just the solenoid not the trans.

Would like opinions from this community, thanks

This is also my first post here, so whats up blazer forum.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:37 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

P0102 can be caused by vacuum leaks, leaks in the intake duct work between the throttle body and the MAF sensor, as well as by an EGR valve that is partially stuck open. I would go over all of the vacuum lines really well inspecting for leaks. Remove & clean the EGR valve, installing a screened gasket. As well as ensure that all of the duct work is installed properly including the fresh air make-up tube that runs from the passenger side valve cover to the back of the intake hat on top of the throttle body.

P0756 could very well be a failed solenoid or possibly be a wiring issue inside the transmission. The wiring & solenoids are easily damaged in these trucks if shortcuts are taken during transmission service.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:31 AM

Thanks for the response, I will check over all that you told me for the p0102...on the transmission side, is there a way I could check the wiring harness without dropping the whole trans? I am fine with dropping the pan and filter but after that I'm not going to venture into the world of auto trans.

It has not had any trans work on it since I have owned it, the code just showed while in traffic and had the above explained problem. Im more worried about the trans right now then the maf code.

Old 07-07-2012, 04:58 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Check out the P0756 Explained thread and take a read through the diagnostic steps for some ideas on things to check. The solenoids & wiring are accessible with just a pan drop, but you can check the resistance with a multimeter from the PCM connector with the proper pin-out diagram. It could also just be a stuck solenoid that might not happen again anytime soon.

Old 07-08-2012, 04:03 PM

I saw the link to that in another thread and didn't bookmark it, now of course its unfindable. So I can check the solenoid without dropping the pan from the pcm?

Old 07-08-2012, 04:34 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

https://blazerforum.com/forum/diagno...0756+Explained THIS P0756 Explained thread?!

Copy n paste 'P0756 Explained' in Search & viola

Old 07-09-2012, 02:07 PM

Thank you sir, plan on dropping the pan tomorrow night to check the solenoid and wiring. I have been driving it a few miles here and there and the P0756 is now gone but the stupid p0102 is still there, when I change the gear from reverse to drive it dies and then the light comes on after that.

Old 07-30-2012, 04:55 PM

Finally got around to changing the solenoid and the shifting is fine now.

Still pulling a p0102 maf code and dieing every once in a while when going from reverse to drive (the only time). The maf is a new ac-delco unit, tested the plug with a dmm...5v on the yellow, 14.2v red, and checked the ground wire with the other hooked to the batt and a full 14.4 there. So the wiring is good. Have sprayed everywhere for vacuum leaks and have found nothing.

Replaced the intake tubing with a almost new looking one from the jy, I dont know where else to go for this. Had someone tell me to check the egr valve, so I got a new one of those, that also wasnt it.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:01 AM

no one?

Old 08-02-2012, 03:55 PM
mychevyisntheavy is on a distinguished road

have u checked ur trans fuse to make sure it has it voltage? how old is the tune up on ur motor?

Quick Reply: I give up, need help/advice