2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

I have THE worst luck!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 03:28 PM
Smokeybear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I have THE worst luck!

To cure the starting problems I've had, I put in a new battery the other day. It started right up and seemed to be going fine. I put my foot on the gas to rev it and it revs fine. After the third time, it backfired and somehow the waterpump shaft snapped and sent the fan into the radiator shattering the shroud, slicing both oil cooler lines and putting several nasty gashes into the radiator itself. I would ask myself what could go wrong next but I'm afraid of the answer.[:@]

Old 12-05-2005, 04:06 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: I have THE worst luck!

Dude, that toataly sucks.

Hopefully the radiator isn't damaged other then a few bent fins. The cooler lines, are they tranny cooler lines, water, or oil?

Old 12-05-2005, 05:38 PM
Starting Member
Bocomo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I spit my coffee out reading Smokeybear's

post. And I am sorry that I did too. But just reading it made me break out in laughter. I mean it is pretty close to the luck I have, although it might have exceeded a few things. At least my computer screen is now clean.

Again I would like to apologize to Smokeybear for laughing at his misfortune.

Bocomo

Old 12-06-2005, 11:16 AM
Smokeybear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: I spit my coffee out reading Smokeybear's

The rad is shot, gashed two cores. The cooler lines are the oil cooler lines that run from the filter to the rad. Oh and Bocomo, don't worry about laughing, I did too after I calmed down.

Old 12-06-2005, 11:35 AM
Starting Member
Bocomo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I'm sorry to hear nothing was spared.

My wife's Blazer needs to have the heater core flushed. My garden hoses are frozen as we are having about 25F colder than normal weather. I think Friday or Saturday it is supposed to get up to freezing, maybe I can get water through the hose then.

Or I may have a post similar to Smokeybear's. I am sorry to hear that you managed to get everything. Thankfully nobody was hurt. Good luck on fixing it back up.

Bocomo

Old 12-06-2005, 11:39 AM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: I'm sorry to hear nothing was spared.

That really sucks Smokey. I hope you can get it done fairly cheap, considering.

Old 12-07-2005, 02:13 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Smokey.
Take some pics for a tech article.

I usually bring in my garden hoses for the winter. This year the weather hit so fast I didn't even get my leaves raked up, let alone shut off the outside water or drag in the garden hoses. Suposed to warm up this weekend, so the hoses will be coming in. I store them in the bsement during the winter.

Old 12-09-2005, 06:43 PM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road

dude that sucks, kinda had the same prob with my 97 s10. was driving down main st. and I reved it alittle and all of a sudden it died. stopped at the square and there was a big puddle of antifreeze under my truck. Pulled it to the dealer I bought it from(13 days earlier, 2003) with a 90 day warrenty,and told them not to touch it unless its under warrenty. they fixed it and I got it back(2 wks later) with no prob. 3 mths later I got a bill for $700 for everything. I went in an bitched and they told me they thought it was under warrenty but i t wasn't so I had to pay. I cussed them out for a while they we agreed to each pay half, so it was $350 for me which is what the rad coust.

Old 12-10-2005, 11:39 AM
mickey950 is an unknown quantity at this point

I feel your pain. When I bought my first Blazer in 1999 (an '88 S-10 4x4) used, of course, I had it 2 weeks when my engine locked up. I replaced it with a used engine from a s-10 p/u and drove it for another five years. It is now sitting out in my yard not running, who knows why, because it just up and quit one day as I was driving down the road. That was about 7 months ago. That is when I bought my new one (2000 Ls 4x4) also used. I had it for about three weeks and the tranny went out in it. Talk about some S*^&%# luck.

Old 12-10-2005, 03:05 PM
LoLoS10Blazer87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: I have THE worst luck!

Yeah Smokey I feel your pain. The main reason that I sold my Blazer is that every day for a week, something else broke.

I'd wake up in the morning, fix it, and something else would break on the way to work.

Finally I got fed up and sold the bitch, lol.

Quick Reply: I have THE worst luck!