2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Ignition Switch - Pink Link Power Lost

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 02:56 AM
CallmeIshmael is on a distinguished road
Default Ignition Switch - Pink Link Power Lost

Hi there

first ,,english is not the common language i use,, so ,,parden me for any wrong terms or false grammar !

My Car 97'er Chevy Blazer ( Canada Import )

a few days ago my car came up with several signs like ,,,flickering 4 WD lights for a few seconds at another day during driving the speedometer went down and came up ,,,and in the Final ,,,i want to Start the Engine ,,,and it came up with nothing ,,,the Engine did not start !

more Information

the Car has a TEC-TUS 1 Immobilizer !

Startup Procedur ,,,,deactivate the Immobilizer and than start the Engine ,at this Point i came to the conclusion that the Immob is down and has a malfunction ,,,so i rebuild the wiring and removed the Immobilizer ,,,,( during removal ,,,the Batt was not connected ) !

The Test was ok ,,,the Engine started up and i was the Master of the Universe ,,,,for 10 Minutes !!!

The next Time i want to start up the Engine ,,,nothing !!!

ok ,,,could be a Fuse ,,checked the Fuses at the Fuses Bay ,,,,all are ok !

the Fuel Pump is working ( checked at the Terminal )
the Fuel Pump Relay ( checked ,,,ok )

Measuring the Wiring at the Ignition Switch ,,,and i found the Pink Link is not Hot !

To test the Function ,,,i get a hot wire (+) and connected it with the Pink Wire ,,,,and i started the Engine !!

My Conclusion now ,,,to get the Engine running ,,to put a Switch between

(+) and the Pink Wire !

the Ignition Switch has 5 Positions

ACC
Lock
Off
On
Start ---in this Position the Starter fails ,,,and i only make it running when i put (+) on the Pink Wire !

so far ,,,,,i came to the Conclusion that the Ignition Starter is down !

is this right ,,,,,or are they other mystical things ????

btw. i am not are Car Mechanic ,,,, i am just a user of a nice Car !!

Greets Ishmael

Old 04-04-2009, 11:07 AM

So ,,,,i made it by my own !!!

I installed a switch , between the red wire and the pink ,,,and it runs , in the meantime i will order a new Ignition Starter !

Thx for reading ,,,,greets from Germany !!!

Old 04-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sure sounds like you have a bad ignition switch.

Old 04-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

I agree, faulty ignition switch. Faulty ignition switches are common on 1997. Very good English too...my German is not so good!

Old 04-05-2009, 01:18 AM

Thx for obtainig the approval !!!

i was not shure abaout ,,,,and i am afraid of doing wiring things at my car ,,,,cause i haven't any clue abaout ,,,,but i have a technical ambition to fix my Problems by my self ,,,instead of running to a Mechanic ,,,and feel his hands in my pockets !

and driving an American Car in Germany is allways a little bit difficult ,,,, when the car runs ,,,it is an eye catcher ,,,when its broken ,,your lost in space !

to complete the thread ,,,, here is the link to remove the IS !
https://blazerforum.com/forum/article-submissions-discussions-47/how-ignition-switch-replacement-discussion-thread-26553/

greets to you guys

i allways was a Rangers Fan and i love Kid Rock

Old 04-05-2009, 05:46 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, that thread will guide you through it all. There are other tech articles that will help as well. The book method of replacement is posted along with the passlock relearn procedure.