2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Installing non OEM seats in 05 ZR2

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 09:43 PM
Beginning Member
Blazer_YYC is on a distinguished road
Default Installing non OEM seats in 05 ZR2

Hey guys, I just want to start things off by saying I've read every thread I could find on this topic already but didn't find the answers I need! I'll be starting a build thread soon going through everything I've done so far.

What I am considering is my Drivers side seat frame is bent and I can't find a good replacement. I was wondering if anyone has installed seats from another type of SUV and if it is as easy as building a bracket and then running power to them. I have seen lots of good candidates locally from wrecked SUV's/Cars but I would like to find out what I am up against. I know a few guys recommend Sunfire/Cavalier seats but I would like something a little nicer if possible.

I just bought this Blazer for a winter car and have found tons of issues with it so its turned out to be a bigger project than I planned for. I've always loved these Blazers so I was excited to get one built up. Once all the suspension and components are done I'll be taking care of the intake gasket, front engine seal, and some minor body issues. Then It will get a nice coat of pearl plastidip and some new summer rims and rubber. I'll likely add a nice sound system too. You guys will see me around here lots in the future!

Thanks,

Alex