2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Instrument Cluster Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 09:31 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BlazerGuy2001
Dude what's your problem? I'm new to electrical systems and don't know what to tell you guys or what to test. That's why I posted...
Originally Posted by swartlkk
...As far as Rich's comment goes, there are a number of threads that are out there on this topic that would have provided initial checks and insight that, if read prior to posting, would have lead you to providing more details in your initial post that others could use to better help you.

Or his comment could be a result of you having another thread on this very topic... I have combined both of your threads on this topic to provide continuity...
Yes, Kyles' second statement is exactly correct. You started a thread with the post immediately prior to my reply. It told us absolutely nothing about what was going on or what you had previously done. We all want to help when we can, but information is necessary to do so. Starting multiple threads leads to confusion. Now that Kyle used his time to find your original thread and combined it with your second one things are easier to understand.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:32 AM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
I saw a reply that came to me through my email, but did not register in this thread for some reason so I copied it into your post above.

What happened to the draw after time passed? Did it ever drop?
Thanks for adding that onto that post, I posted it and wasn't sure where it went haha. And the draw remained the same as time passed whicH makes me think it wasn't going into sleep mode. However because I've used two modules, it makes me think it's not the modules with the problems. Which is where I came to the BCM or ECM. Could they cause this problem?

Originally Posted by rriddle3
Yes, Kyles' second statement is exactly correct. You started a thread with the post immediately prior to my reply. It told us absolutely nothing about what was going on or what you had previously done. We all want to help when we can, but information is necessary to do so. Starting multiple threads leads to confusion. Now that Kyle used his time to find your original thread and combined it with your second one things are easier to understand.
Alright big apology for causing all the confusion and jumping you like that, I forgot I started this thread so I just made a new one, I'll be morecareful next time

Last edited by swartlkk; 04-27-2010 at 09:41 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT feature to include additional information in your post if another member has yet to reply.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:40 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Try removing the TBC fuse in the under hood fuse block. This will power down the BCM. If it is causing the cluster to remain awake, then the lack of a signal from the BCM should cause it to go to sleep or shut down completely. Same with the ECM 1 fuse. Try those out to see if they impact the draw on the RDO BAT fuse. Put your DMM at the RDO BAT fuse to measure the draw on that circuit only.

Also worth mentioning is that you may need the doors closed to allow the devices to reach their sleep state.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:44 AM

Alright I'll do that after school today and let everyone know what happens, thanks a ton

Old 04-27-2010, 09:55 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

No problem, let us know.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:23 AM

Hey just wanted to let you all know my dad ended up makingme take it into the dealer to have them diagnose it...they are gonna charge us $95 and tell us what's wrong and from there I can fix it or have them do it...ill keep you updated as to what's wrong when I know!