2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Intake Manifold Leak???

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 03:04 AM
Mitche is on a distinguished road
Default Intake Manifold Leak???

I have been having a problem since I replaced the water pump 3 years ago, it has had some intermittent heating problems but lately it has gotten worse. I keep having to put a little less then 1/4 of gal in the Rad every 2-3 days and talk about black powder. They should outlaw that Death-Cool so now I think the Rad is so plugged I will never be able to get it clean (i'm on my 3rd day of flushing from top to bottom side to side block top and bottom and still have black crap.

Now I have noticed that I have bubbling in the water very little but I don't like that=that's why I have the black powder from the Death-cool and it is coming from the passenger side front bolt for the intake just next to the return for the heater core. It's is a very small leek and seems to mostly even under pressure just draw air. I have tried to tighten it just a little and it was a tad lose but that didn't do it, what do you all think could some Alumaseal or Block seal maybe fix that small of a hole?

Maybe I could just take out that bolt and put some RTV or something in the hole and around the edge where it meets the Head??? Any suggestions I hate to have to do a Intake Manifold gasket if there where any way around it. I'm handicapped and it's hard to stand for too long, not to mention I'm 6,6 and in pain all the time so stooping over is no pick-nick I have done them before but that was when I was 18-20 years old.

I'm told it should only take a couple of hours but it's like a major job for me, let me know if anyone has had this problem and if any sealers in a can may tackle this for me or even my suggestion of something on the bolt and surface right there.

There is no oil in the water and no water in the oil just changed it last night and all was well there.

Thanks in advance for any and all help

Mitch

98 Chevy Blazer Lt 4X4 4.3 liter V-6 with AC