2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

IPC Changed Now Worse Than Ever Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 12:25 AM
Starting Member
BlazerGirl2002 is on a distinguished road
Question IPC Changed Now Worse Than Ever Help

New here but reading for a while-Excellent forum!

2002 Chevy Blazer LS series, 71K Very clean Garage kept no off roading or pulling, one owner (me) hx.

Ok, here it goes, Got oil change received truck back (waited for it as usual) and oil gauge at 20psi (gauge always at 40 at idle). Brought it back 3 days later they changed oil again still same reading. They said they didn't know what the problem was?! now, this was a reputable place and have been going for a while. How they couldn't tell me anything remains a mystery.

I took truck with a sending unit in hand to another Auto place. No difference. They checked with manual gauge and found oil fine just gauge out. They ordered rebuild Instrument Panel Cluster from GM and put in. Left shop and turned right back around because ALL gauges were eratic now.

They assure me truck if fine. NOT.

Without engine on turned key to aux put radio on and Battery gauge didn't move at all???
At Cold start Temp gauge reads 190
Rolling around corner literally no gas speedometer reads 40mph!?
Sitting still speedometer reads 15mph after several and I do mean several seconds THEN the speedometer drops but to 2 mph.
Battery reads (Engine on) anwhere from 10 to 12 (battery less than yr old, alternator checks battery getting full charge) BTW: Battery always read 14!

Drove it 5 miles went up hill shifted into 2nd and she starts grinding from underneath passenger side (clutches?) put in 3rd still grinding (metal to metal sound-HORRIBLE), Stop truck, put into Drive still grinding, put into Park it stops.

Called Auto place immediately from cell and tell them whats going on. Been telling them for three days now my white flag is up i've had enough throw orignal cluster back in atleast I know whats wrong with it. I don't want someone else headache. They say I don't blame you!

Drove home took it easy. At light stopped in Drive, Light turns get going Doing 30mph drive normal than she starts screaming, RPMS jumped up to 4800rpms!!!!!!! then got b*tch slapped back down to 1800 and stopped screaming. WTH???

Get home. Sitting still, I shifted down to 1st, then 2nd then she started grinding/scraping again, same in 3rd then drive until I put in Park again. Then all the lights on Instrument Panel lit up like a christmas tree flicked on and off 4-5 times its was so quick. I tell ya I've never seen half these lights that came up!

I shut her down called shop they flatbeded back to them. Two days no word from them at all. I called them finally end of second day. I get from the "boss" umm well trucks been fine we haven't seen any problems. We had it on Tech 2 and another computer and everything checks out fine. This just can't be. Now what?

HELP?? I think they don't know what their doing. OR they're definately playing me. They found they mesed up and fixed whatever it is. I think the latter. Wrong software? They say nope they checked it because they thought of that too!

Some input please. Thanks

Oh and how much is a core? I want to buy back my original cluster. Thanks again!