2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Jiggling?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 09:58 PM
Nativepenguin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jiggling?

Seems my 1999 LS 4x2 jiggles when i use my brakes.. i can kinda feel it when im below 30 mph. But its really noticable when im about to stop..I am going to check my PSI in the tires.. I was thinking it was the rotors. i think they may be warped.. any ideas if i dont have it.. and how much do you think if it is rotors..

Thanks

Old 12-28-2007, 01:30 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Jiggling?

If the "jiggling" you describe is a pulstion in the brake pedal, then it's probably warped brake rotors and they can be machined.
If you feel that pulsation rapidly and hear a noise like a moaning sound, it's probably the ABS system.
Sorry, I don't know much about prices in the States.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:20 AM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

depending on who's doing it..and how many you need done (brakes and rotors) probably around 200-350...cheaper if ya just need them ground out...there's only so many times you can machine a rotor..you can allways get an estimate at a few different places...unless you ...or maybe a friend wants to do it...

Old 12-28-2007, 04:24 PM
saltwalter is an unknown quantity at this point

When my balljoints were going bad. Mine would feel like it was twitching right to left as it was comming to a stop. pulled the wheels to check the brakes and they were fine. found a bad upper on both sides and lower on one side. I replaced all four. took it for a drive and the pulling or twitching was gone. something to check.
[align=left] [/align]