2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

jimblaze

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 09:37 PM
Jimblaze is on a distinguished road
Default jimblaze

I got the S10 2001 SUV and the ABS and Brake light comes on once the engine warms up. Them lights stay on then till the engine stands long an cools down. Then they will continue to stay off till the engine is warmed up again. At one stage my brakes also went to the floor. I did the bleeding thing on all wheels, that kinda helped the brakes going to the floor, but the lights are an ongoing thing. GM had it on the machine and it gave a CO 265 code Motor Relay Circuit. I have bought the GM set of 3 book manuals, and I am still rattling my brains...Is there any common loose connection problem, or anything of the like that anyone has experienced here?

Old 04-21-2011, 10:42 PM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

im pretty sure all of our trucks have the ABS light on lol, i know mine does, mine works just fine............

Old 04-22-2011, 03:57 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by m3ch
im pretty sure all of our trucks have the ABS light on...
Well, not all of us.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Default jimblaze

Well yes, I too have heard others complain. But now it is on me too, and the problem here now, is that the ABS brake system is non functional while the lights are on. So there is little point in having ABS at all. Should we be looking at a modification? and re invent the wheel for GM? Or just ignore the situation and continue and drive unsafe on the road? I don't know! What should we be doing.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:13 PM
Peru Motors is an unknown quantity at this point

Have it scanned to see if it may be an affordable fix. Never know til you have it scanned. Jerry

Old 04-22-2011, 12:30 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

PLus, a 'search' for "abs sensor" turns up 11 pages of posts to read through to see what others have done concerning this issue.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:06 PM
Default jimblaze

I will do the search for ABS sensor, I have been studding the manuals also. I am noticing on the manuals, that they talk only of FR and FL sensors ion the 2001 Blazer, and if I understand the rest right, for the rear there is no sensors, only the modulator controlling the rear wheels. Am I right on that? Also I see sensor cables only to the front wheels. Who can clear that for me? Thank you all for standing in there.