2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Just bought 2k LT

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 06:50 PM
Starting Member
2klt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just bought 2k LT

Hello to all... am new here and have a q to ask.
Just bought this 2k Blazer and want to know if anyone can say what the most likely problem might cause it to run with a surging and or hesitation while accelerating... Don't notice it that much while at a constant speed, like on the freeway or with cruise. Also, I saw another post about getting ripped by a dealer. Is there anyone in the Inland Empire of So Cal here that know of a reputable dealer or repair shop. I have always done my own work (older 72 Super Cheyene) but with the computer and all, I am very limited now to what I can do. So a recommendation would be nice. A real lead if you please not the in-laws or cousins unless that are really dependable for their work quality.

Thanks and hope to be around more often

2klt

Old 02-15-2006, 12:36 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Just bought 2k LT

If you can handle the old carb'd engines you can handle the new electronic ones. The major difference is the newer engines are more parts change friendly. Simple swap out the bad part and drop in a new one. The puter will store a code in most cases, use the code to point you in the right direction.

As to a surging problem, lets start with the basics. Gas. What grade are you running, and does it have water in it. Toss in a can of seafoam and see what happens, burn a tank of higher octane and see what happens, change the fuel filter and see what happens.

The most common problem, is the input seal on the t-case wears out. The t-case fills with tranny fluid, and the fluid gets sucked up into the vacuum system and takes out the ventalation controls. AC Delco batteries have a problem with the positive post coroding away inside the battery and leads to goofy electrical problems. Plus the ignition does goofy things when starting the truck, like trip the security system so it won't start.