2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Just bought my 1st blazer. Crapload of problems I could use help with

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 03:57 PM
Beginning Member
spaceapex is on a distinguished road

Individual. He changed his #. HAHA crap.would a fuel filter cause the bogging when accelerating? Wishful thinking right. Pulling the pump tomorrow. Buying a heater for my garage today. 10 degrees here right now.

Old 01-02-2010, 04:01 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

I would certainly change the fuel filter if you have not already done so. Look for tiny black specks when you pour the fuel out of it since they represent the brushes in the pump motor breaking down.

Old 01-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Beginning Member

Changed filter. couldnt even blow air through it. Thought that was it but still bogging and backfiring when accelerating. Idles smooth and if I very slowly accelerate its fine.No black specks in fuel but was rusty/milky on tank side. Think I overpaid? $1700. Needs heater core and probly pump and tank.

Last edited by spaceapex; 01-02-2010 at 11:15 PM. Reason: more info
Old 01-03-2010, 12:26 PM
Beginning Member
Default idles perfect but boggs & backfires when accellerating.

So far I changed the fuel filter and it was plugged pretty good. I thought that was the case and took off to drive around the block then it started again.It bogs and backfires when accelerating but once the engine finally gets up to a high rpm it will maintain it without bogging or backfiring. That is the only thing confusing me and I would hate to tear apart something I don't need to in 10 degree weather. So what is the most likely culprit? Also notice a small gas leak from tank. Gonna have to pull to see where its coming from.Any tricks to pulling tank?

130k miles

Last edited by spaceapex; 01-03-2010 at 12:27 PM. Reason: more info
Old 01-03-2010, 01:31 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

I combined your two threads on this problem. Please do not double post since it not only is against Forum rules, but it makes it difficult for folks to keep up with the different things you have tried to solve the problem.

Old 01-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Beginning Member

Wont happen again. suppose I should actually read the rules.

Well going to attempt to do the pump/tank unless anyone suggests something less invasive to try 1st.I am all ears.

Last edited by rriddle3; 01-03-2010 at 02:38 PM. Reason: CONSECUTIVE POSTS
Old 01-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Beginning Member
CheapBeer is on a distinguished road

I can certainly say I feel for you working on your car today.. I am from North of Detroit and its freakin cold today. Garage was about 25. (30 yesterday) as I was working on my 98 Jimmy.

Old 01-03-2010, 02:36 PM
Beginning Member

Took me 2 hours just to change the stupid fuel filter. Cant find a good cheap heater for the garage. Sticking to Whiskey.

Old 01-03-2010, 06:59 PM
TheBear is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by spaceapex
It bogs and backfires when accelerating but once the engine finally gets up to a high rpm it will maintain it without bogging or backfiring.
I had the same thing happen to my 99 blazer. At first it would only happen intermittently. After a few months it became more frequent, almost to the point of being un-driveable. I replaced the mass air flow (MAF) sensor and haven't had a problem since.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks I will look into that 1st!

Quick Reply: Just bought my 1st blazer. Crapload of problems I could use help with