2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Keyless Entry

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 05:33 PM
Beginning Member
drpcken is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Keyless Entry

Hey guys, I have a 2002 Blazer 4 door. I bought it used and it didn't come with keyless entry. I'd like to add it myself, but someone mentioned it might already HAVE it but the previous owner didn't turn in the remote when they sold the car. How can I go about finding if this model in fact HAS keyless entry but is missing the remote. If it doesn't have keyless entry, which would you guys recommend?

THANKS!!!

Old 03-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Keyless Entry

Search!

Here's my reply in another thread on the same topic:
keyless entry is it equipped or not

Old 04-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Beginning Member

I had trouble finding a RKE for this model, but I did find this reveiver on www.gmpartsdirect.com
GM PART # 15042969
CATEGORY: Keyless Entry Fobs & Batteries
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $95.59
OUR PRICE: $56.67

DESCRIPTION: RECEIVER

Will it work? Thanks!

Old 04-02-2007, 06:06 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It looks to be a valid RKE reciever used on a number of different vehicles, including 2001-2005 S-series Blazers.

However, have you made sure that you have the required wiring? And that you don't already have the reciever? Please check your glove box for RPO code 'AU0'. If you have this, you should be able to find the FCC ID # on the RKE module itself and order Key FOBs matching that ID #.

This looks like it would probably be the correct remote for your application:
FCC ID: KOBLEAR1XT

But again, you have to verify the FCC ID first.

You also must verify that you have the wiring under the dash for the RKE module *BEFORE* you go buying anything.

Old 04-02-2007, 06:17 PM
Beginning Member

I already searched for the AU0 code and its not there. I'll search for the wiring, and if it looks like its good I'll order this.

Thanks again!

Old 04-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Beginning Member

good news! I ordered that part number above and it fits perfectly. I just installed it, but I don't have any FOB's for it. But I do have the FCC number. I'm gonna search for keys for it on ebay to reprogram, but if I have the FCC id how do I find quickly which FOB to use?

Thanks for all the help! You made this easier!

Old 04-12-2007, 09:12 PM
Beginning Member

By the way the FCC is KOBLEAR1XR
I can't find anything with the R at the end, just T's like you listed.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:03 AM
Administrator

I believe that R==Receiver and T==Transmitter. That would explain why you cannot find a keyfob with an R...

Old 04-19-2007, 06:03 PM
Beginning Member

That makes sense Well I ordered the correct FOB I needed. The FCC ID matches on both receiver and transmitter.
I put the RKE module in my Blazer, behind the hush panel was a plug for it and it fit PERFECTLY. I followed the programming instructions, but it won't go into programming mode. I've tried countless times.
I hold the lock/unlock switch on the driver side door (closed) in the UNLOCK position and turn the key in the ignition to the ON position, then OFF, then ON, then OFF, then release. Its suppose to lock and unluck the door electronically to confirm its in programming mode, but it doesn't do it
What am I doing wrong?

On the ignition, how far is ON? To the point where the vehicle beeps? or just till the electronics come on?

Old 07-28-2007, 03:38 PM
Amopower is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the same problem on a 98 Blazer, I bought the module for RKE and plugged it in under the driver's side panel, and the programming steps do not work. (by the way, the module itself has 4 pins, but the connector under the dash had 2 sets of 4). It still plugged in perfectly so I think that's the correct one.
Anyway, I bought both possible modules and neither seemed to let me into programming mode.
I heard in another thread speculation that you have to still go to the dealer so they can tell your computer that you now have the RKE module. It didn't seem like a firm answer though, so does anyone know for sure that is the case? If so,I sure hope the dealer knows what to do, this is probably not a common request and I'm sure they won't know what I am talking about.