2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Keyless entry and tech2 info?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 07:46 PM
midnightbluS10 can only hope to improve
Default Keyless entry and bs'ers at the dealership!

I'm getting all my ducks in a row for the keyless entry addition on my Blazer. So far, I've identified the RKE module, the FCC ID, bought the corresponding remote, and it's on the way. My question is...Does anyone know what exactly you've got to do on the tech2 to enable it in the bcm? I've got unlimited access to one at school, so I intend on doing it all myself. Thanks!

Last edited by midnightbluS10; 08-07-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:11 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You have to program it using the VIN of another vehicle that has the RKE option along with all of the other options your truck came with.

You could try just plugging it in and seeing if it will work.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:43 AM

So basically, I could pull a VIN off ebay from a Blazer w/ keyless and use that?

hmmm...We'll see what happens. Heading to school in a little while.

Last edited by midnightbluS10; 08-03-2009 at 08:50 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:05 PM

Just got back a few minutes ago. The only thing I came across in the tech2 that had anything at all to do with keyless entry was the "program key fob" in the special functions menu. Maybe it's already good to go and all I need to do is prgram the key fob when it gets here. I guess I'll find out then.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:04 PM

Well aint this a ****!

I went to Red River Chevy(Time Magazine's dealer of the year) and they told me it ain't possible. At All. ********.....

So, I called the local Pontiac dealer. Yea, sure. We can do it. $45.00

Lyin sumbiotches at RR. grrrrrrrrrrrr

Old 08-06-2009, 08:26 PM

and the saga continues.....

Went to another Gm dealership today. No dice. I even printed out the page on AllData showing what needed to be done.

Any of you guys that have had this done have the name of a dealership that I can name drop? Maybe these idiots can call them and get the skinny on adding keyless to my Blazer. Thanks!

Old 08-08-2009, 11:08 AM

Well, after pretty much being blown off by every GM dealer within 20 miles, I've pretty much decided to abandon this idea. The only one that said they would do it wanted $300 in labor.

This blows.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:56 PM

And another chapter begins.....

Went to the salvage yard today looking for a donor bcm from a Blazer/Jimmy with keyless entry. The first one I looked in had it, so I snagged all the pieces. The bcm, the rke receiver, and the key fob......all for $11!

Swapped in the donor bcm and now I'm trying the relearn procedure decribed here. I'm crossing my fingers. Luckily, my bcm and the donor bcm have the same p/n's as the ones in the how-to. And the donor came from a 2000 Jimmy while my Blazer is an '01, similar to that guy and his '00 donor bcm going into his '01. Wish me luck!

Old 08-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Starting Member
hkellogg is an unknown quantity at this point

why wouldn't you just get an alarm installed ? it seems much easier and does the job better and most have a longer range

Old 08-08-2009, 02:43 PM

I wanted OEM.

And so the story ends.

$11 and an hour of my time is all it took. I now have functioning OEM keyless entry. WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Quick Reply: Keyless entry and tech2 info?