2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

LED Light Bar

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Boyer2011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LED Light Bar

Hey guys i need some help. i just recently bought a new LED Light Bar and it has white LEDs for the reverse light. except i cant get them to work...im trying to hard wire them intot he reverse lights in my tail lights but cant get them to work...help!

Old 12-07-2009, 08:22 PM
RonJon is an unknown quantity at this point

If you're trying to go right into one of your rear lights the reverse lights have a 2-wire connector. Backup lamp is lt. green & black ground. Look for a ziptied harness on the crossmember underneath the rear of the truck. If you have the trailer wiring harness it'd be easier.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:29 PM

ok well to wire the brake, R and L turn, and running lights i used the trailer wiring harness. so i used 4 out of the 6 wires. there were 2 wires left over but the directions didnt say to use them.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:35 PM

Well, if you have the light green there use it. If the leftover is a dark blue it's there in case you wanted to run electric brakes back there someday.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:40 PM

ok ill check out which wire is left over

Old 12-07-2009, 10:45 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RonJon
Well, if you have the light green there use it. If the leftover is a dark blue it's there in case you wanted to run electric brakes back there someday.
since when did these Blazer's come pre-wired for an electric brake controller?

Old 12-07-2009, 10:49 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

For the 2nd gens, if you had the tow package, you were pre-wired for a brake controller and 8-pin trailer plug.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:09 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by swartlkk
For the 2nd gens, if you had the tow package, you were pre-wired for a brake controller and 8-pin trailer plug.
really? my truck has the factory tow package on it, but i just ran my own wiring since i never knew there was any already there.

where is the wiring under the dash? specifically the thick dk blue for the rear feed?

good to know for the future S series i'll more than likely end up buying.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:24 PM

I dunno about "thick". Depending on what you're hooking up I have a feeling you did a good thing running your own wiring. To be honest I've never taken my own harness apart to look at it, I just splice a new 4 wire plug on every two years it seems.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:07 AM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by RonJon
I dunno about "thick". Depending on what you're hooking up I have a feeling you did a good thing running your own wiring. To be honest I've never taken my own harness apart to look at it, I just splice a new 4 wire plug on every two years it seems.
yeah, i run a 7-pin plug, and always take it apart every Spring to inspect for salt damage. Ontario lives on a high diet of salt for the Winter-too many damn idiots on the road to use just sand like out West. i know our weather in Ontario isn't nearly as cold as out West, but it sure would be nie to not have white stains on the carpet/floor mats all the time.

Quick Reply: LED Light Bar