2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

LOOK WHAT HE DID TO MY TRUCKKK**PICS**

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 07:51 AM
Matty Kling is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: LOOK WHAT HE DID TO MY TRUCKKK**PICS**

Remember... You almost always get what you pay for....

It sounds like and looks like this guy didn't know what he was doing...

Old 11-13-2007, 01:07 PM
Chadoo951 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I just called them because I didnt really want to risk driving all the way down there and make whatever is happening worse. I talked to the owner of the store and he said for me to buy the boot, and they will put it on. And then they will pay us back for the boot.

I dont really feel that safe having a welder / trailor company putting on a cv boot for my truck. Should I just take it to a local mechanic and have him foot the bill? I would feel much more safe that way.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:55 PM
blzR is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Chadoo951
Welli justtalked to the owner of the store and he said for me to buy the boot, and he will put it on & pay us back.
...OK, my 2cents,perhaps worthunder$1G on taking it back..
D-O-N-'T
run for the dam hills onthose offered "welding services"
in fact seriously
consider getting that weld of slop inspected.

Old 11-13-2007, 06:05 PM
gocartone is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Chadoo951

they have their own family owned place.. but its like a whole in the wall POS place.. like from the 60's - 70's

What do you think i should do if they dont fix it, or not have enough money?
You should have stayed far away then! I would never bring my truck somewhere that I don't feel comfortable with especially some place like you described. Deffinatly bring it some where else to have it fixed and have them pay the bill. Also I'm definatly not a expert on welds but that weld looks horrible!

Old 11-13-2007, 07:21 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Definitely not the cleanest looking weld I've seen...

Did they get like a 3rd day starter on the job or something? lol

Old 11-13-2007, 08:47 PM

Well I called them back and told them that I wouldn't be comfortable in having them put on the boot because they are a trailor company, not a mechanic. He didnt seem to have a problem with it when I proceeded to tell him that I would take it to a local shop and have them fix it and them just pay for the bill. He told me, no problem, get it done. I told him that I would call him and let him know when I was dropping the truck off and when he could come pay for the bill. He said alright and hung up.

So im glad that I dont have to let them fix it, now I can have someone who i trust do it, the people who have worked on my truck since I got it.
Hopefully they keep their word about paying the bill though. Just so that they save BOTH of our time.. because I WILL do whatever I have to to get that bill paid.

Old 11-15-2007, 11:53 AM

Well, gave my truck to the local mechanic yesterday at about 1:00pm
But before I dropped it off, I call the trailor / welding place and the owner said that they would take care of it.

So hopefully, today i can pick it up. Right now im in class, and I get out at 12:40, hopefully it will be ready before 6pm. Because I have another college class then.

And hopefully the trailor place will just apy the bill and make my life soo much easier than it is right now. And save both of our time.

Because if they dont pay the bill, I dont get the truck right?
Thanks guys.

Lol, I should just make my own thread, and post everything that goes wrong with my lemon, oopss I mean blazer.
Alls this truck is to me, is trouble. I have a feeling I am going to die in it. serious

Old 11-15-2007, 05:31 PM
Starting Member
blazeofglory is an unknown quantity at this point

Chad,

Attitude goes a long way,(good or bad) If the shop you took it to in the first place is run by upstanding and honest people then you should have no problems. Sounds like you have given them the opportunity to correct a mistake that they are (in my opinion) responsible for. At the moment you'll just have to wait and see.
Now for my 2 cents; I'm not a lawyer (thank god) but I think you have a pretty good case if things go wrong. I have to make some assumptions here but here goes.
(1) You have a receipt/work order for the work to be performed (the weld).
(2) The work performed was substandard (in my opinion) and caused damage due to inattention and or neglegence (again in my opinion)
(3) The shop in question knew of the damage incured while in their possession during the repair that you had authorized.(they attempted to fix the damage before it left their possession)
(4) They have agreed (at least verbally) to correct the issue at your request through a 3rd party.
(5) YOU HAVE PHOTOS[sm=signs007.gif]

About the only thing you don't have is the agreement to have the third party paid directly by the other shop,.... in writing. (If you do havethat in writing it's a slam dunk) I get the feeling that you aren't going to have a problem though. Nothing can kill business faster than unfavorible word of mouth.(especially in a small town) The ultimate responablity for the bill (without prior written authorization) is yours. Can the shop hold your truck until payment is received? Yes, they can,........doesn't mean they will. It's called a mechanic's lean. Would they,......Not if it was my shop. Why? the potential for gaining a new customer that they may not have had before. (think repeat business potential)

Worst case,.... The first shop won't pay the bill. Don't fight or take it out on the second shop.(they can be your best witness against the first shop)Just pay the second shop what is owed, then take the first shop to court. With the documention that you already have, include the work order from the second shop (make sure it states what the problem was, what it took to repair it, and the assessment as to what caused it) and take it to small claims court. The first shop will more than likely offer to settle the claim against them without going to court.(they'll most likely call you the minute they receive the summons) If it does go to court,....you know what they say. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Good Luck,

Gator

Old 11-15-2007, 07:23 PM

well I went over to the shop to check it out today at around three. Truck was on the stand, and they still didnt call. Finally, I called them and they started to cop an attitude. But they gave the shop a credit card # over the phone, and waited for him to make sure it was cleared. and hung up before the manager of the store could say anything like thanks. They were being complete DICKS.

But i dont care anymore. I know where Im NOT going to get a weld done

and I didnt have to pay for it. So im happy.. and my truck is good...... for now

Now I need to replace my tires. They are so bald you wouldnt beleive me... Slicks.. yes.. its that bad.. PAY DAY TOMMARO

Im sure ill beek you guys posted. thanks for all of your opinions and support!
CHAD

Old 11-15-2007, 09:42 PM
Sundevildaddy is an unknown quantity at this point

My 2cents worth.... 1.) Good business practice: any damages incurred to a vehicle that happens as a direct result of the initial work order (in your case: weld spatter and heat from welding burned your CV Boot) will be covered, in full, by the shop that caused the damage. YOU HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT to take your vehicle to a LICENSED, Professional repair shop OF YOUR CHOICE and have them flip the bill, or reimburse you in full. You do not have to take it to them for repair... you should not take it to them if they are a Trailer shop as you have stated, they are not licensed to repair automobiles, only trailers (by Fed. DOT standards, there is a HUGE difference.... and it DOES matter). You may have to take it to small claims to have the bill, in it's entirety, paid by them.
I have my own business and it is a business code of ethics that are followed at all times when matters such as this occurs, no if, and's or but's.
2.) I am a certified welder by trade, due to the nature and location I perform my work, I must undergo several tests' and follow stringent federal guidelines regarding my welds', and I can tell you that this gent not only failed to properly prep the weld area in accordance with industry standards, he failed to clean each section of weld as he proceeded (even with MIG, each stop-start must be 'brushed' to ensure there is no slag/air inclusion or 'pitting'), another point he missed, uniformity, it is a key to a strong weld, a uniform root pass, fill and cap creates a surface stronger than that of a solid piece of parent metal, what we (welders) call bird-sh*tting the weld, as this person has, would never pass DOT standards if inspected by an officer or FedDOT Engineer, and if your even moderately in to off-roading (or even driving down washboard gravel roads) this weld WILL FAIL. Heat was too high (you can see that by the rainbow colors, which weakens the material, and failed to either have the gas properly adjusted or not on at all (common in muffler shops).
Again, my two cents worth, hope it helps.
[sm=patriot.gif]

Quick Reply: LOOK WHAT HE DID TO MY TRUCKKK**PICS**