2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

low beams don't come on!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 09:00 PM
blazerlt01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default low beams don't come on!!!

ok guys i have a 01 blazer lt, my low beams in headlights use to come on automatically when i started the car. now they do no. i noticed it today when i started my truck and went to return dvds to the rental store. drove for a mile pulled into the store lot up to their windows, before i put the car in park i noticed my lights just shut off. when i came out and started the car again they didn't come on. i messed with the dome override switch and nothing. i turned my dial that controls the lights all the way to the top and my low beams came on. turned it back down and thye were off. messed with the override switch again and my high beams ckicked on. all i want is for my low beams to come on again automatically when the car is started and for them to shut off when the car is shut down. i'm thinking it's a bad relay and if so which one?, how do i fix it?, and how much to fix it?
thanks your help is appreciated

Old 04-11-2007, 11:36 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: low beams don't come on!!!

I dont know the answer, but this seems like an important issue to get fixed. so free bump

Old 04-12-2007, 12:05 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Check your DRL relay... I think your year of daytime running lights are supposed to be your low beams...

Old 04-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Lee
Lee is an unknown quantity at this point

They shut off before you turned the truck off? I was gonna say maybe you bumped the parking brake down a little. But that couldn't have happened. Sorry, this was kind of a worthless post.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:47 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Also, it seems that the DRL's on some of the newer Blazers turn off, when the truck is in Park... Maybe the signal from the switch is stuck or something...

Old 04-12-2007, 10:35 PM

ok today i started the truck and the same thing happened when i took a drive to work. although today when i got out of work, they stayed on the whole time driving home oh and drperry my running lights are suppose to be the low beams, ur right there. but the high beams seemed to kick in as some sort of safety? when the low beams went out. but anyway as i said when i drove home from work today they stayed on all day. just a thought, what if i just kept manually turning the lights on and off would this work or should i immediately try to get to the bottom of this problem? and i know this is prob a dumb question, but where is the drl relay located? i'v never been real good with electrical. again, your help is appreciated.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:23 PM
BF Veteran

the DRL relay should be under the hood in the power distribution box...

But you say your highbeams come on when you turn your lowbeams off?

Do you have anything sitting on the dash that could cover your light sensor? lol

Old 04-12-2007, 11:29 PM

they don't come on when i turn off the low beams, they come on when the low beams go out, but it hasn't done it since this morning. thanks for telling me where the drl is but i think i'm going to wait to see if the lights go out tonight and check the drl tomorrow