2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Money Light, Vacuum lines, ect...

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2019, 11:18 PM
costello is on a distinguished road
Default Money Light, Vacuum lines, ect...

1st post...

Anyhow, I've read a couple good threads here regarding vacuum lines, routing, ID/OD, ect... Orginally I was having issues with air only blowing from 4 dash vents and no 4 wheel. I replaced a couple corroded vacuum lines I found (1 going to front fenders, charcoal box I think, and another going to rear of intake area. This resolved both my vent and 4 wheel issue. Question is I'm still getting a code for vac. leak. I've triple checked all lines, check gas tank cap as well as tried another cap, to no avail. I'm getting ready to put it on a lift tomorrow to look underneath and wanted to check it there's other lines underneath that may need to be checked as I'm at a loss thus far. Side note, before I replaced the line to the intake, in complete, I had some smaller lines hacked together to make the fix before I could replace the entire line properly. Could this cause an issues that would spark the check engine light, could my line be too big and be causing the system to think it has a leak? Like I stated before when it was hacked together the light went off, I've reset the computer several times but it always kicks back on. I hate to mess with it too much cause it appears everything is working but I'd prefer to know the computer is happy and the light goes off. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Old 12-21-2019, 08:49 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Mine keeps popping up as well. And the only thing I haven't done is change the gas pump gasket on the top of the tank.

I'll be keeping an eye out for anything else. And looking to hear what you come up with.

Old 12-26-2019, 10:27 AM
Starting Member
man0steel is on a distinguished road

Had a similar issue, mine turned out to be the source vacuum fitting at the valve cover and HVAC switch panel (after replacing every hose from T-case to actuator). On another note you might want to add the year of your Blazer as well as auto 4WD or not, there are many different vacuum variances thru the years.

Old 12-26-2019, 03:25 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

To ensure the hoses would not leak where they attached to the nipples, I used small zip-ties as hose-clamps.

If you have the 3-Button 4wd system there are hoses that go to the transfer case. But if your 4wd is working, those hoses are probably fine.

Have you checked the other possible sources of vacuum leaks? I would think the light would not turn on unless there was an issue with the mixture. Perhaps there is a leak somewhere else on the upper intake?

Old 12-29-2019, 07:45 AM
jimspahr@msn.com is on a distinguished road

Costello, do you watch Eric O. on South Main Auto/ Youtube ? He uses the term 'money light is on' to indicate the CES/MIL light is on. I like the Eric O. philosophy of always diagnosing before you start swapping parts. He is a master of using the scanners and has several different models. I sometimes wish I could take my aging Blazer to Avoca, NY to get Eric to diagnose the many problems.

Old 12-29-2019, 05:02 PM
Starting Member
bravo99 is on a distinguished road

what is a money lite?

Old 12-30-2019, 09:35 AM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bravo99
what is a money lite?
He uses the term 'money light is on' to indicate the CES/MIL light is on. This is also known as the SES light or the Check Engine light.

Old 12-30-2019, 10:26 AM
Starting Member
bravo99 is on a distinguished road

LOL nice I was literally looking for a dollar sign and some sort of meaning to it. it would be perfectly appropriate to put the dollar sign as our check engine symbol wouldn't it? aftermarket dashers are you listening? LOL

Old 01-04-2020, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by DonL
Mine keeps popping up as well. And the only thing I haven't done is change the gas pump gasket on the top of the tank.

I'll be keeping an eye out for anything else. And looking to hear what you come up with.
Ended up being a vacuum line in rear of vehicle. Spare tire had rubbed through a line on driver side that appears to be some sort of ventilation for gas tank.

Old 01-04-2020, 02:59 PM

Money light = check engine, CES/MIL ect, gonna cost money lol. Haven't seen this South Auto, ill look him up.

Quick Reply: Money Light, Vacuum lines, ect...