2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

My 1999 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Josephblazer is on a distinguished road
Default My 1999 Blazer

Dear all I have a 1999 Chevrolet Blazer and i am having a few problems. The Truck has been put throught its inspection over here in N Ireland and since having it washed underneath the service 4 wheel drive light has come on, on the dash. Could anyone shed some light on this? The truck seemes to drive well but cant get rid of the light. Please let me know

Old 02-08-2011, 07:12 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

does the 4x4 function properly when switching between 2hi, 4hi and 4lo. Does the vacuum engage properly for the front diff?

Old 02-10-2011, 12:15 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

first, lets see what 4WD system you have Joseph.

is it the 3 button or 4 button Auto-4WD system?

you can look through THIS thread, or search through this SECTION, for help on figuring out where the issue lies.

be sure to keep us updated on your progress.

and welcome to the show by the way.

Old 02-10-2011, 05:08 PM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the BF (Best Forum) lol - nao do whut he ^^^^^^^^ said & lets get er figgered out.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:11 PM

I think i have got to the bottom of the 4wd problem: however i have a more pressing problem IMMOBILIZER MALFUCTION. Truck cannot be fixed in Ireland and has to be shipped to Manchester England VERY VERY VERY VERY EXPENSIVE. Thanks to everyone for ther help.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:14 PM

I THINK I HAVE LOST THE PLOT SENDING IT TO ENGLAND FOR REPAIR. If anyone from Ireland has been on this site maybe they would be able to let me know if these trucks can be repaired here??????

Old 03-10-2011, 08:45 PM

hmmmmmmm i'm wondering if say a BCM/ECU from a north american car would eliminate the immobilizer issue all together in the EU cars.... i'm sure you could get a set shipped to you for a hell of a lot less than shipping your blazer to england.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:31 PM
rodono is on a distinguished road

what in the world is a IMMOBILIZER MALFUNCTION?

Old 03-11-2011, 09:16 AM

in europe, vehicles have an immobilizer that essentially kills the vehicle unless you do the right steps.

in the case of the blazer (From what i've read so far) you have to use your fob to unlock the door for the ignition to work, or use a 5 digit code u have to enter on the deck to over ride the immobilizer so you can start the vehicle. couple people here have lost the FOB's and if the car's locked and immobilizer engaged you can't program more without using the code, which seems most don't even know about let alone have. without it there's no way to start the vehicle at all.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:54 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

the immobilizer code sounds kind of silly? but then again European cars are silly sometimes

Quick Reply: My 1999 Blazer