2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Is my blazer salvageable?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 03:03 PM
Beginning Member
sputtle is on a distinguished road

Right, I knew the hinges were welded. Luckily I have a brother in law who is an ex mechanic turned welder. He doesn't know it yet, but he's taking care of the welding for me. Lol.

Now that I've looked over the truck, I asked the previous owner more questions. He swears the front end didn't take any hits. And I was able to get all the lights working. There was also a frozen battery issue. Once that was replaced, completing a proper ground, the lights and everything inside started working again. The hazards are always on, so once it warms up I'll start checking the wiring in the rear end and get the doors off. I'm still a little confused on why a rear end hit would have the flashers on. A clue to it is only the rear flashers are always on with the indicaters inactive on the dash. The front is not at all. But I can turn them on in the front by using the switch, indicaters come on. So I don't know.. I'm dying to tear into it and figure it out though.

Old 02-07-2015, 08:43 AM
LannyL81 is on a distinguished road

Rear only flasher on....that is strange....but probably smashed wiring providing power to the bulbs somehow.

As I said....Ahhhhh a project!