2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

My seatbelts for driver seat just stopped clicking!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2020, 05:56 PM
93S10TahoeLT is on a distinguished road
Default My seatbelts for driver seat just stopped clicking!

Yeah, this could be an issue

How do I get it to "click" again!?

Old 02-08-2020, 07:09 PM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

Your best bet is to go to the salvage yard and get another one. There isn't really any way to fix them in my experience

Old 02-09-2020, 12:11 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Could something had fallen into the mechanism?

You know, I might have exactly what you need! I had a 92 and needed to replace the shoulder belt because the dog would chew through it! But it came in a kit with other parts. Included in that are the back center buckles and the drivers side seat belt buckle. I even have a 92 gauge cluster (FYI the little clip that goes to the string for the gear indicator is missing) and some other little parts for which I'd love to find a home. You are welcome to only the seat-belt hardware or all of if, just cover the shipping. PM if you are interested.

Oh, and the black cover for the drivers side seat buckle can be slid off the strap that it covers so that you can slip over the one from your Blazer if needed to have the colors match.

There should be a little metal clip at the end of the strings that pull on the gear indicator. I forget why I even had this!

Old 02-09-2020, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by christine_208
Could something had fallen into the mechanism?

You know, I might have exactly what you need! I had a 92 and needed to replace the shoulder belt because the dog would chew through it! But it came in a kit with other parts. Included in that are the back center buckles and the drivers side seat belt buckle. I even have a 92 gauge cluster (FYI the little clip that goes to the string for the gear indicator is missing) and some other little parts for which I'd love to find a home. You are welcome to only the seat-belt hardware or all of if, just cover the shipping. PM if you are interested.

Oh, and the black cover for the drivers side seat buckle can be slid off the strap that it covers so that you can slip over the one from your Blazer if needed to have the colors match.

There should be a little metal clip at the end of the strings that pull on the gear indicator. I forget why I even had this!
^ You know.... I used to have an entire, complete, DIGITAL dash out of either a 93 or a 94 Tahoe LT. I was pretty clueless 5 years ago when I came to these forums first - and had a rod knockin' Blazer that really did exactly what mine does, now.. right down to the stall . A whole complete digital dash, all the pieces and everything!! And a bin with TONS of other parts.. alternator. Throttle bodies. IACV. Whole intake plenums. Much stuff. Soooo... what happened!???.. I have major beef with my family. They took it upon themselves to give/throw away/donate ALL of that - plus a SIGNIFICANT amount of other tools I spent good money on - and never to be seen again.

I will go check out the mechanism to see if something "fell in" but. I may very well be interested! Looks like I get paid next Thursday. Car issues will ONLY happen when you have no, or are in between, jobs. I can drive around NJ at 100MPH (yes it can be done you just have to know how to do it) and everything is just fine, switch jobs and you SeaFoam it one too many times and *boom* Rod Knock... well. Even if they take one listen and say "another engine" I'm keeping that old one, for autopsy and build purposes..........

Okay, let me go check to see if something fell in. Maybe just maybe. Going to bend a paperclip if it looks like something did. And Thanks, Christine!

And NO I'm not just going to turn around and get a Gen1, this thing's biggest problem is a leaking brake booster, had a PERFECT engine.. then I came along. So. Now I get to fix that.. and get back to riding PROPERLY. Should be good by March. And this but a fleeting experiment in what NOT to do in an engine.. or, do more carefully. In like a lion..

Old 02-09-2020, 02:23 PM

Heh. Christine_208, you sure know your stuff! I took the paperclip and got a fuzzy piece of looks like brown bag or something out, and...

Name:  fDQ5gEF.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  1.28 MB

I may still PM you about the thing, though. Let me see if I can amass another.. box of parts!
^ I had a 3rd gen F-body, also.