2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 10:35 PM
Selwen is on a distinguished road
Default Need Help

I recently had bad valve seals, paid a so called expert alcohol funny fuel car mechanic to pull the heads, he did a horrible job putting the engine back together, now It runs, very bad. here are some of my symptoms.

I can smell gas in the new oil, and the oil is "wet" as if it has water in it. I have a completely new exhaust as well, and when the engine runs, alot of water comes out of the pipe. When I pull the oil cap from the tube where you put the oil into the engine there is water condensation on the backside of the cap, no smoke of any kind is coming out of the pipe, though when I first started it after the rebuild, small amount of smoke came out from the exhaust manifolds because they are not mounted properly, the smoke come out for about 5minutes then went away. Are the issues of smell of gas, water in oil signs of the head gaskets, or the intake manifold gaskets?

I could use some advice as I am an unemployed college student and father of a newborn daughter and very poor. I need to keep my cost as low as possible in order to be able to afford to repair the truck again.

I know that if water gets to the bearing it can spell the end of the engine, the engine has only run for about 10 minutes total since rebuild, so what are the chances if that happening? when I checked the radiator it was only low about 6-8 oz of antifreeze.

If someone would be kind enough to explain to me wether these issues are indicative of a bad head gasket, or intake manifold gasket I would be very grateful, I am trying not to purchase a leak down tester, I am very poor at the moment.

I know that somewhere in this website these questions are answered, I saw post related to this type of issue on this board 4 months ago, after several hour of searching for them again, I cannot find them and have grown frustrated. I tried search field but it doesn't seem to yield specific result, I cannot figure out what keyword pattern to locate the information, please help and thank you in advance!

Old 03-09-2010, 06:29 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

From your other thread, I know that you have a '95, but please try to include that information in any threads you post in the future. Cuts down on having to look back through other posts.

I would suggest you get a hold of a fuel pressure tester. It may not have anything to do with the work the other guy did. The fuel system in the CPI engines is rather leak prone. It could be a problem with the internal lines or a problem with the FPR. Both are inside the intake plenum and if they leak, it goes into the oil. A fuel pressure test will tell you if you have a problem. If the pressure leaks down rather quickly after the pump shuts off, you have a leak and the next course of action would be to open up the plenum.

Check out the Tech Article (DIY) section for further information on the CPI FPR.

Old 03-11-2010, 11:28 AM
Selwen is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks

Thanks Kyle, I will perform that test and let you know the results, It was short sighted of me not to include my car info within this post, my apoligize for that. I had the fuel pump replaced at the same time I had the valve seals done, after reading your post on fuel pumps, I felt I should go ahead and do that replacement. I will share my testing results a fuel pressure/ coolant/ head tests.

Thanks for your help!