2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 06:58 AM
Starting Member
minicx06 is on a distinguished road
Default need help

I have and 04 blazer that will not start…at first i thought it was out of gas cause i know when i last was in the car i was riding on E so i added about 3 gallons of gas to it and it still would not start…it was turning over just didnt have the ***** to ignite…i had a buddy over to look at it and we used some starter fluid and shot it in a area he said to and tried to start it after about ten trys it finally started to kick over then puttered out…i tried it again last night and the battery was completly dead so idk if it has something to do with the battery or what...it was to dark at the time to really do much else and hes been busy with work….ive been reading different forums for some advice and everything that ive gotten from it is that it could be one of the following:
fuel pump
ecm
ignition switch
security system (cause the battery is dying)

i really know nothing about cars and and trying to learn as much as possible so in the future this happens id be able to take care of it and any information anybody could help me out with id pass along to my mechianic and let him know so we can fix the problem….i have the worst luck with cars so any help would be greatly appreciated

Old 11-14-2013, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Moved To: 2nd Gen S-series (1995-2005) Tech

You should start with a fuel pressure and leak down test. If it will start with starting fluid it is almost certainly a fuel issue. Chances are you have a bad fuel pump. Do a quick search on here and you will find how to do and what specs you need for the pressure/leak down test. Once you have performed the test report back with your findings and we can go from there!

Old 11-14-2013, 08:25 AM
Starting Member

so what could be making the battery die???

Old 11-14-2013, 08:30 AM
Starting Member

and it doesnt seem like its starting because of the starting fluid but idk..ill let my guy know and check some more things out

Old 11-14-2013, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Your battery died from cranking it so much trying to get it to start! You said in your first post that it started to kick over and then puttered out when he sprayed starting fluid in there so that to me sounds like its starting or coming closer to starting with some fuel (starting fluid) getting to the motor.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:41 AM
Starting Member

and now that you mention it i just rememberd that when i got my oil changed last that they said i had some sort of leak in my system…idk if any of that information helps or not

Old 11-14-2013, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator

They were probably referring to your remote oil filter lines not the fuel system. The only real way to know for sure if you have a leak with the exception of seeing gas spurting out some where is to do the pressure and leak down test.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:37 PM
Starting Member

is the fuel pump located in the gas tank in the blazer? if so that meens im going to have to drop the gas tank right?

Old 11-15-2013, 12:55 PM
Starting Member

well i already know the answer to that i guess…just dont know what fuel pump to buy im looking at them to order and they seem to be all different wondering if anyone knows which one to buy im ordering from jegs

Old 11-15-2013, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

Don't buy anything but Ac Delco or Delphi!!!!!!!!! The cheapest place to get them is amazon.com. Is your truck 2 or 4 door?