2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Need help flasher 97 blazer

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 10:48 PM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road
Smile Need help flasher 97 blazer

I did a search to find the turn signal flasher on a 97 Blazer. What I found has NO RELATIONSHIP at all to a my 97 Blazer 4x4. First there are no relays behind or under the glove box. Second the glove box is nothing like the pictures in the search. Third you can see everything behind the glove box by removing the panel under it. The HAZARD FLASHER is some place behind the radio or somewhere in the middle of the dash. I have somewhat traced it by sound. But the turn signal flasher is not working at all so I can't follow the sound.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:20 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It should be under the dash near the cigarette lighter. You will have to remove the hush panel from under the dash on the driver side to gain access. It should be right next to the hazard flasher relay.

All of the information you have previously found is for the 98+ trucks.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:26 AM
Smile

Originally Posted by swartlkk
It should be under the dash near the cigarette lighter. You will have to remove the hush panel from under the dash on the driver side to gain access. It should be right next to the hazard flasher relay.

All of the information you have previously found is for the 98+ trucks.
Thanks for that info. It looks like to get to the area of the hazard flasher the middle hush panel & maybe lower middle dash panel will have to be removed. I tried to get to it from the drivers & passenger sides. But at least now I know they are together so that will give me a better chance to locate it.
Again thanks & I'll post my findings hopefully tonight.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:33 PM

I got the flasher changed. Thanks for the help. They are located in the middle of the dash next to the lighters or power feeds. They are side by side as you said. To get to them you have to remove the center hush pad & center lower part of the dash. Once you get all that out of the way they are staring right at you. A $5 flasher & a hours labor. I had a trailer brake controller to remove. Anyway it is fixed. Thanks again for the help. It must of gone out when we were four wheeling & dirt road running. They worked yesterday when we left the house but after a hundred miles of off road running for the 100th time the vibration must of finally got to it. It was the OEM flasher so can't complain 13 years old & 136,000 miles.
Thanks Again.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:57 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you got it fixed!