2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

New here and have some issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 01:27 PM
Beginning Member
mikesz1984 is on a distinguished road

they are 4 wheel disc , when my wife gets home from the grocery store, i will get her to push on the pedal.

Thanks for all of the help so far, i am really interested in getting this truck on the road this week, hopefully i can get all of the issues fixed.

Old 01-31-2010, 01:33 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

alright disc is going to be easier. might as well check all 4 of them while your at it. better to have brakes then no brakes.

Old 01-31-2010, 02:14 PM
Beginning Member

yes, with 2 kids brakes are very important, i still have to have the vehicle safety checked and emissions check, so the more i can do myself, the less i have to pay a mechanic to do.

well the metal line at the back is rotted out, that is where the leak is, so that is something i will have looked at and fixed during safety, tommorow if it is warmer i will pull the rear tires and look at the rotors and pads mack there, i will also check the emergency brake cable, because they have to work for safety..

I am having so much fun working on this right now its unreal, lol

things i have done so far

Fixed heat and 4X4
looked at front rotors and pads, they are good
found bad break line(i will have all metal lines replaced, and probably all rubber ones as well)
changed oil and filter
changed air filter
changed windshield wipers
tried to fix power mirror switch

things left to do

flush and change antifreeze
change 1 bad tire
seafoam
replace power mirror switch
figure out gear indicator switch
re attach rear view mirror to windshield(metal piece fell of windshield)

Take for e-test and Safety

Last edited by rriddle3; 01-31-2010 at 02:24 PM. Reason: COMBINING CONSECUTIVE POSTS
Old 01-31-2010, 02:35 PM
Banned

the only reason you would need a parking brake would be to park on extreme steep inclines. i live in MI so i dont have inspections so i dont know if they have to be operational for that. some people swear by using them all the time so i guess as long as you buy it new and continue to do it, it should operate, problem is alot of people dont. including me, cause i just by used.

Old 01-31-2010, 02:42 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Spectreblazer
the only reason you would need a parking brake would be to park on extreme steep inclines. i live in MI so i dont have inspections so i dont know if they have to be operational for that. some people swear by using them all the time so i guess as long as you buy it new and continue to do it, it should operate, problem is alot of people dont. including me, cause i just by used.
yeah i wont ever use them, but the government says i have to have them working before i can put license plates on it.

Old 01-31-2010, 02:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mikesz1984
yeah i wont ever use them, but the government says i have to have them working before i can put license plates on it.

"make it work". lol do what you gotta do, thats why i love no inspection

Old 02-02-2010, 12:13 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

well, welcome neighbour.

well the metal line at the back is rotted out, that is where the leak is, so that is something i will have looked at and fixed during safety, tommorow if it is warmer i will pull the rear tires and look at the rotors and pads mack there, i will also check the emergency brake cable, because they have to work for safety..
yup, that'll do it.........

the only reason you would need a parking brake would be to park on extreme steep inclines.
no, you should use your PB whenever you park your vehicle-even on flat & non-extreme inclines. it'll save the "park" postion in your trans.

and if you park on the street, it could possibly save your ride from getting wrote off if someone hits you while it's parked (saves your trans from taking the brunt of the impact). 'cause a busted trans, with some damaged body panels, is a sure fire recipe for them to write it off.

unless they just changed the requirements for a safety (and i mean just), unless your truck is equiped with a manual trans, it doesn't matter if it works or not (which is BS, IMO).

Old 02-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Beginning Member

well the news is in, the blazer needs all the ball joints replaced, all of the brake lines replaced, the front rotors turned to clean the rust off, and new rotors and pads on the back. It also needs a battery tie down. Its about what i thought it would be, lol.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Banned

well the news is in, the blazer needs all the ball joints replaced, all of the brake lines replaced, the front rotors turned to clean the rust off, and new rotors and pads on the back. It also needs a battery tie down. Its about what i thought it would be, lol.

zip tie

Old 02-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Beginning Member

zip tie
lol,or bungee cord, lol actually i had one from my camaro parts car i put on

Quick Reply: New here and have some issues