2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

No electrical power at all!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 06:06 PM
airmaxx28 is on a distinguished road
Default No electrical power at all!!!

OK, i have a 1997 Chevy Blazer Ls 4 door 4x4.My problem is the blazer is not getting any electrical power at all, it will not start no head lights no dome lights ect,I checked and replaced the terminals i checked every ground i could find and i just recently installed a new ignition switch and still nothing.Does anyone else have any ideas it would be gratly appreciated

Thanks, Chris

Old 08-26-2010, 07:37 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You could have blown the fusible link (main battery cable). Have you tested for voltage on all of the ends of the positive cable?

Old 09-30-2010, 06:21 PM
Starting Member
tjackson91764 is on a distinguished road
Default I have the same Problem after motor swap

I have a 96 Blazer that I replaced the engine after the head gasket went on the original. I also changed out the heater core as well. Well after replacing the engine with a 4.3 that came out of a van, I hooked the battery up and I'm getting nothing, no dome light, dash light, nothing at all. If I remember correctly there were 2 ground wires that bolted to the heads and the battery ground to the front of the engine block. Other than that it appears that all plugs are connected etc... unless maybe there is a plug up under the dash that I forgot. I need help and direction here please. I even took the wifes battery out to make sure that it wasn't the battery and again there was no power anywhere.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:18 AM
JBLybbert is on a distinguished road

I just had this happen yesterday, it could be the fusible link, but mine was 'operator error'. There is a second connection that needs to go to the alternator output. It is a black wire coming from the harness near the oil fill tube. The black wire thing kinda confused me but this wire actually feeds power to the rest of the vehicle...without it everything is dead.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Beginning Member
haha29 is on a distinguished road

Check the mega fuse under the battery tray

Old 12-31-2011, 06:16 PM
duckwashere is on a distinguished road

did you find the problem ? I am having same issue

Old 01-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Starting Member
Stella Bach Smelcer is on a distinguished road

where can i find the fusible link? I have looked and can not find it....i've even searched for a picture of where to find it and am having no luck...PLEASE HELP ME!!! and since I'm new to the forum how will i know when someone has replied. I really need a picture showing me what exactly to look for I'm a mother trying to help her son fix his car...not that that would matter but we can't really afford to have a mechanic come look at it so I have been asking around and everyone seems to think it's the fusible link and they say look for a box with a 80 amp + fuse in it but I don't know exactly where to look or what exactly im looking for.

Last edited by Stella Bach Smelcer; 01-04-2012 at 02:13 PM. Reason: needed to be more specific.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:21 PM
strongdaddy500 is on a distinguished road

i am having the same problem in my 97 blazer 4.3 4wd.4d. after replacing the water pump.i never removed the negative terminal and the pos cable to alt. sparked when i was putting it back but had it tested[good].grounds are clean and i cant find any fuses under the battery tray or elsewhere.please reply someone smarter than me.....

Old 02-23-2012, 10:35 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by strongdaddy500
i am having the same problem in my 97 blazer 4.3 4wd.4d. after replacing the water pump.i never removed the negative terminal and the pos cable to alt. sparked when i was putting it back but had it tested[good].grounds are clean and i cant find any fuses under the battery tray or elsewhere.please reply someone smarter than me.....
Find or borrow a Digital multi meter -DMM- or buy a test light, not LED one. Recommend the 12v test light. It's ten bucks or less.
Recommend also a set of test leads with alligator clips. I would bet this wont be the last time you use them.
We'll find it quick that way.. anything else is guesswork.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:26 PM
alex esparza is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a 1993 blazer i was changing my alternater and left the pos and grnd on, in the middle of changing the alternater somewire not sure which one sparked now my blazer has no power at all for anything headlights,dome lights, nothing. please let me know what is wrong its my only car i have.

Quick Reply: No electrical power at all!!!