2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

no fire or fuel

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 10:56 PM
crazed is on a distinguished road
Default no fire or fuel

1996 s10 blazer W vin 4.3 out of no where no for warning just dead. I have no spark or fuel checked for voltage at fuel pump none ran a 12 voly wire to it and it runs has 56 psi at rail when i did this. Now for the bad part my father was over trying to help I went in house to make some calls when i came out he had it running. when i ask how he went to show me and it died lol but what he did was run a wire from the battery to the coil and it started but now when i try to use the obd2 code reader it just says error when i try to link. and the oil pressure gage is maxed out all the time. did he fry the vcm? please and help been laid of low on funds need car to keep looking for work.

Last edited by crazed; 07-21-2010 at 01:01 AM.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:21 PM
Thumbs down

after checking wires i have a ? the pink wire the runs to the vmc on the middle plug is that supposed to have voltage to it at any time as mine does not with key on or off no power there. I also tryed unpluging every thing that goes to motor and then unhooked battery for half hour to see if it would rest. But still get error when thrying to link to look for codes. also tryed the code reader on a freinds 99 s10 and on another 99 suburban and it works fine. any ideas I been reading and reading and now going to read some more great site.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:33 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Fuses all good?

Have you tested any of the ignition switch output wires?

Old 07-21-2010, 06:45 PM

yes I checked every one about twenty times now . will try and check ignition switch out yet tonight.

if i can get my hands on a used vcm would it tell me if that where the problem? or would i have to have other electrical parts off same car so they match.

Last edited by swartlkk; 07-21-2010 at 06:55 PM. Reason: *Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit feature to add more information to your post if another member has yet to reply.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Please do not post so quickly back to back. It is prohibited by the rules of the forum.

You could try to install another PCM. If the options are the same as your truck, it should work with a simple passlock reprogramming.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:05 PM

Ok will try checking switch tonight if no problems there will go see if i can get one would i be ok if the year was off mine is 96 and i think the one i can get it from was a 97 or 98. thanks for the response I really appretiate the help.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:09 PM
Administrator

You'll have to get the PCM from a '96-'97. Now that I think about it, I do not think there is the passlock system in the '96-'97 like there is in the '98+... I'm not sure what else would be required besides swapping the PCM.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:47 PM

fustrating ignition seems to be fine I am about ready to pull my hair out that is if i had some lol. what ever happen to the good old days I will take a set of points over this crap speaking of that any way of tossing all this computer crap.

picked up a used pcm today no change still no spark or fuel also noticed only tree of the dash lights come on when i turn the key on. where is the main power to the pcm come from only fuse i see is ecm.

ok was just messing around pluged in pcm one plug at a time and then checked for power at coil and icm got power there with black and red pluged in but when i plug the blue in it drops to 6.40 volts then when i plug the white in it drops to 0. Any ideas can anyone tell me what plug runs what might help to know where to look thanks.

Last edited by crazed; 07-23-2010 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts again, please follow the rules.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Here are the PCM pinouts & wiring to the various engine sensors:

Attached Thumbnails no fire or fuel-96_eng_1of4.gif   no fire or fuel-96_eng_2of4.gif   no fire or fuel-96_eng_3of4.gif   no fire or fuel-96_eng_4of4.gif  
Old 07-24-2010, 02:13 PM

can you tell me if there should be 12 volts at pin 19 on the white plug it is the sensor ground. and where is this sensor at .

Quick Reply: no fire or fuel