2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

NO Service Engine Soon light HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 12:08 PM
kaercher4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: NO Service Engine Soon light HELP PLEASE

Again, Thanks Kyle

I should be able to get 2 more driving cycles in before I try again tomorrow.

The only reason I am saying tomorrow is because my 30 day grace for repair runs out Sunday and if I do not have to I hate giving the state any more money than I (WE) have to LOL

Besides my son is tired of just looking at his "new" truck and I will not let him drive it without the inspection!

Old 10-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Ha! I know what ya mean! My dad's farm truck has eclipsed its 2 year anniversary of getting it's last inspection sticker!! Their foster kid brought it over to my place the other day because his car had sprung a leak somewhere and I just shook my head... Used to be that we didn't need safety inspections on farm vehicles, but they did away with the farm plates a while ago and my dad just has never remembered to get it inspected... He'll have to when he starts using it to plow again... Still was out all last winter and he never got caught on it. Lucky I guess.

Old 10-11-2007, 01:23 PM

Not sure where you live Kyle, but unless you get a writ from the man upstairs, NC levies a 250.00 fine for not getting inspected within4 months of expiration....been there with an 86 blazer that I rebuilt 2.8 and 5 speed on. The whole thing was in pieces and Out of Comission for 6 months (I am not that slow, well maybe I am LOL, I used to travel the world for my last job doing tech work). I finally found a compassionate secretary that pulled it from the computer of Ner'do wells.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:40 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

NY or atleast that's what it says under my name...
<--- somewhere over there.

Anyway, there probably is a law, but it isn't enforced unless you get pulled over and at that point it really doesn't matter when it was last inspected. I have told my dad about it quite a few times, but he just doesn't use that truck like he used to now that he has his new one. He was going to get it inspected the other day (or so he says), but the tail lights weren't working. LOL. I really need to get out there and help him out!

<-- How about there?

Old 10-11-2007, 02:43 PM

Maybe I am slower than I thought! ROFLMFAO....OK I am relatively new....as a member anyhow!

Never thought to look there.
<<<<<<<<<<<<&l t; LOL

Old 10-11-2007, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Just playin'! I know I often don't look over there either.

Old 10-11-2007, 09:04 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

and yet another reason I don't mind living in corn fields.

I don't have to worry about inspections.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:12 AM

I can only wish Hanr3...LOL

In any event, it is what it is and I gotta live with it...

Well, 160 miles later and still "not ready". 3rd cycle starting cold....today. Kyle I have no place to replicate the OBDII site method. I guess I just keep driving it and trying the scan guage until I get a ready state. Unless there are any other recommendations (besides becoming Hanr3's neighbor LOL) I am not sure if there is anything I can do....[sm=smiley21.gif]

Old 10-13-2007, 10:52 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Your in luck, the house next store just went up for rent.

I got plenty of roads to do that test around here. I think you could fudge on the test some. Get it up to speed and at the next exit coast off the highway and onto the off ramp, pull over on the shoulder with your hazards flashing. I wouldn't do it in the middle of rush hour traffic or anything. But the open expressway will work if you use your head about it.

Old 10-13-2007, 01:58 PM

Tried that today Hanr3. 2 times throught the cycle of accel, coast, accel after start, so I am not sure if it counts as one or two cycles. regardless, my scanner still shows not ready. The original tech is out sick (I called first) and I talked to the owner. He is going to try the scan around 4 and see. If I recall the first tech's statement, I needed to clear 2 of the 3 "not ready" conditions. My Scan Guage II does not give any info on what or how many not ready conditions exist. I am going to chance the trip since tomorrow my 30 day grace period runs out.

I will report back later....thanks all! You guys and gals are a very very very patient and helpful group. I hope I get to pay that back in spades over time!

Quick Reply: NO Service Engine Soon light HELP PLEASE