2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

no turn sign or hazard lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 02:00 PM
dundeeboy is on a distinguished road
Default no turn sign or hazard lights

I have no turn signal or hazard lights I have checked all the fuses but cant find any fault. Can anyone advise where the flasher unit is on a 2001 blazer LT. I have stripped the dash out and also checked behind the glove box but I cant see it ? or can someone post a pic of a flasher unit or advise if it might be something else

Thanks

Old 11-07-2010, 02:07 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It is very common for the hazard switch (part of the multifunction switch) to fail. It can be replaced independently for under $20. Check out the Tech Article (DIY) Index link in my signature for how-to's.

As far as the flasher module, it is located behind the glove box. The view below shows it's location. Check out THIS THREAD for some pictures showing how to drop the glove box out of the way. The flasher you are after is the one held in by the green strap in the last picture in that thread.

Attached Thumbnails no turn sign or hazard lights-01_flasher_location.gif  
Old 11-08-2010, 09:27 AM
dundeeboy is on a distinguished road
Default No turning signal

swartikk thanks very much for your help I dropped the glove box but still cant find the flasher relay. On your pics it is clearly shown with the green strap but it does not appear in the same location on my blazer. Mine is a right hand drive Uk motor do you know if this makes a difference ? Your help would be very much appreciated
Thanks

Old 11-09-2010, 05:54 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

RHD would have been crucial information to provide... You are going to have to hope that another RHD member can help you. There is no RHD information in any of my references.