Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/)
-   -   None stop blinker relay (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/none-stop-blinker-relay-65316/)

stark05 11-23-2011 04:11 PM

None stop blinker relay

My blinker sound is none stop. The blinker lights only run when I put the turn signal on. But the little relay under the glove box is always going. Tick tick tick tick tick tick tick. You get the picture! What is causing this? How can I fix or by pass and still have functioning blinkers? I'm going nuts!!

warthogdriver 11-23-2011 06:46 PM

you can try swapping out the turn signal relay itself...but when mine did this it was the multi function switch on the column that went bad and shorted out.

pricey part but not too bad to swap out.
if you do go for that there are a couple of how to's floating around here.

i am sure others will chime in here and help you out too....my guesses are based only on my own exp/issues.

swartlkk 11-23-2011 07:07 PM

Please list your vehicle info.

For the 98+, this is most often caused by the hazard switch in the column. This is especially true if the ticking stops when the brake is pressed. Try messing with the hazard switch on top of the column. If you can lightly press it in or push it to the front/back/side and the ticking stops, a new hazard switch might be the only repair you need to make. There is a Tech Article on both the hazard switch replacement as well as the entire multifunction switch replacement. You can find a link to the index in my signature below.

stark05 11-24-2011 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by swartlkk (Post 476842)
Please list your vehicle info.

For the 98+, this is most often caused by the hazard switch in the column. This is especially true if the ticking stops when the brake is pressed. Try messing with the hazard switch on top of the column. If you can lightly press it in or push it to the front/back/side and the ticking stops, a new hazard switch might be the only repair you need to make. There is a Tech Article on both the hazard switch replacement as well as the entire multifunction switch replacement. You can find a link to the index in my signature below.

2000 blazer 4wd

xgiovannix12 11-24-2011 04:48 PM

push the hazzard switch a tad forward or backward

not to much just enough so you dont break it

see if the click stops when you do so

swartlkk 11-24-2011 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12 (Post 477047)
push the hazzard switch a tad forward or backward

not to much just enough so you dont break it

see if the click stops when you do so

Hmm. Exactly what I said except without the Duke brother's county. :icon_wink:

xgiovannix12 11-24-2011 05:19 PM

oh lol i didnt see your above post kyle sorry