2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

OK Y'all....Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 11:20 PM
gizwilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OK Y'all....Help!

95 Blazer.

Wet carpet on drivers side....particularly where the gas foot heel meets carpet.

Any ideas on how to diagnose?

Heater core?

Driver's side door seals? (Just had door hinge pins replaced...door was sagging)

Whaddya think????

Old 11-19-2006, 12:28 AM
DINO55 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: OK Y'all....Help!

Heater Core is located on Passenger side... Is it water on the carpet or antifreeze? Is the radiator low? Does it smell like antifreeze in the car when you turn the heat on? It Could just be water from the bad door pins????

Old 11-19-2006, 02:28 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

Take a strip of paper and close the door on it, then try to pull it through. Try this in several different areas. If it's hard to pull the paper it's probably a good seal. If the paper pulls through like there's no resistance it's probably a poor seal and a possible spot for a water leak.

Old 11-19-2006, 09:55 AM
rooster is an unknown quantity at this point

i got the same exact problem over here. it seems like the water just magically appears. some body on my earlier post gave some advice about a monkey and a hose. jump in your ride and have a helper monkey spray down the truck while you look for point of entry. i also got several answers for what the cause might be. some say its traveling down the pillar from either my sun visor or the roof rack, or the doors drain holes are blocked. either way its annoying, if u find out the answer, post or pm me. The Rooster

Old 11-19-2006, 11:58 AM

Thanks for the help folks.

I do not notice any antifreeze smell, and the carpet on the shotgun side is dry, no coolant loss in radiator as far as I can tell.

I'm suspiciuos of the door seal and will try pulling some paper strips. Real interested in locating where the door drain holes are....Can anybody help with that?

Thanks!
Bill

Old 11-19-2006, 12:24 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Many other GM vehicles have a problem with the weather deflector (behind the interior trim panel) on the door leaking at the bottom. I am in the process of repairing just that problem on my Bonneville. Same symptoms as you. I haven't heard of the weather deflector being a problem on our trucks yet though, just thought I'd bring it up as a possible leak path.

Try the paper (a dollar works great too) in between the door and the body to check for proper door seal compression first though.

Old 11-19-2006, 12:27 PM
Banned
Blasir is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, with all this monkey and hose talk I'm going out on a limb! (BA-dump-BA)

Did you inspect the gasket around your windshield. I was getting literally a puddle in my passenger side when it rained. The top corner over the passenger side of windshield seal was gone. As in a 1 inch piece was just missing. I figure it must have happened going through the car wash at some point. It's a 95 and like all rubber it gets brittle over the years. I cut a small piece of vacuum line that fit snug and coated it carefully with silicone (so the fixed area wouldn't look like sh*t) and it is much better now. Not completely fixed, carpet still gets damp but no puddles anymore. I want to get a new windshield anyway because of the sandblast effect from the miles and they will renew the seal I hope. If not, I will pay extra to do so.

Old 11-19-2006, 02:36 PM
rooster is an unknown quantity at this point

just got some sound advice from a blazer freind who experienced this. the heater cores' air intake can fill with leaves. these leaves can crumble and end up clogging the drain. so every time it rains the core will overfill with water and follow the path of the heating ducts by ur floor and the direction of the stream leads right to the drivers bottom vent. im gonna try and get to this and see if its the case and i might flush the core as well. ive checked every last inch of body and windsheild and cant find a leak. the water seems to be coming from under the carpet. a perfect little resevior for the vent to fill. if u dont want to get into dash just run a hose into the grill on your hood and feel around the bottom vents for water. which would coincedently end up by ur gas pedal. id try this today but im working 7 days a week to pay off some repairs and im tired. if any one attempts and suceed, then let us all know

Old 11-19-2006, 03:00 PM

My rig definitely has windshield issues.....

Not sure it they could cause my leak but I'll check it out. I am planning to replace the windshield, but am wondering if I should have the leak diagnosed by a pro first, or get the windshield done first.

Old 11-19-2006, 03:01 PM

Love to hear what you find Rooster.

Raining like heck here. Gonna need a drier day to try your trick.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: OK Y'all....Help!