2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

OK Y'all....Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 03:43 PM
gizwilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: OK Y'all....Help!

Pulled paper strips.....actually better on drivers side (wet side) than on passenger side (dry).

Found door drain holes.....all open and seemed pretty clean.

Inspected windshield.....no obvious problems.

Checked for leaves and gunk in vents at bottom of windshield......clean.

Scheduled to take it into the dealer Monday....see if the pros can find it.

I still think it's seal related. We'll see. I'll post the result as soon as I get it back.

Old 11-25-2006, 06:57 AM
rooster is an unknown quantity at this point

well the cores intake is not overflowing, at least not in mine, a quick check was to take my fingers and poke around in the floors vents. bone dry! so back to the drawing board. im looking more towards a hood or hood grill leak, where as water must be sneaking in past the firewall near the window bottom or hood hinge.(once again good advice from a freind).

Old 02-13-2008, 04:36 PM
jon66 is an unknown quantity at this point

did any body ever solve this problem because i am having the same issue

Old 02-03-2009, 02:22 PM
nolesrock is an unknown quantity at this point

Similar issue with my 92 blazer, but on passenger side floor. I recently replace the heater core after finding the coolant leaking in this same area. Short time after (about 3 weeks), I'm finding water down there now. Definately not rain leaking in. Someone mentioned the heater core air intake and draingetting clogged. Where is that located?

Old 02-04-2009, 12:36 AM
Beginning Member
01Jimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

Could water be collecting inside your door (because window seals defective), then leaking out the door panel into your floor area? Just a guess, lucky I don't have this problem with mine. Used to happen with old Hondas though, entire door could fill up with water.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:20 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: OK Yall....Help!

While that is a possibility, the basic premise of having a defective window seal is not quite accurate. Doors are made to have water flow through them. If the drains in the bottom of the door are plugged or the weather deflector is not sealed all the way around, it could allow water into the interior. Do you see water on top of the weather seal at the bottom of the door opening?

Old 02-04-2009, 07:53 AM

No, I have not seen any water at the seals. Haven't really hadany rain here lately anyhow. Seems to be just on the carpet, almost like it's coming from underneath. I'll check inside the door, because I need to replace the window motor anyhow. I believe it's related to my heat/AC somehow? It seems very cooincidental since the heater core was recently replaced. Looked under the truck and did not see any rusted holes or cracks anywhere either. I'll check my floor vents to see if any water is inside them, as someone mentioned earlier. Haven't been able to find the evaporator drain yet, which was another thought. I'll keep searching....

Old 02-04-2009, 08:06 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

HVAC drain is located at the lowest point of the outside HVAC housing where it meats the firewall. It is very difficult to get to from underneath, but can be done. It is almost directly above the frame. I was doing a coolant flush at the same time as cleaning out my drain so I just removed the inner fender. Gives you great access to everything on that side of the engine compartment and is not all that difficult to remove.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:11 AM

I think that will be my next point of attack. I have not noticed any "puddles" underneath the truck since I've been watching for this. Haven't been running the A/C, but have run the defroster/heat alot. If this drain gets clogged, is it possible for the water to end up inside the vehicle?

Old 04-17-2009, 02:41 PM
speedo is on a distinguished road

I'm also finding dampness on the driver's side floor. It appears to begin behind the gas pedal, and it only happens when I run the AC or defroster.

Any ideas?

Speedo

Quick Reply: OK Y'all....Help!