2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

please help im not sure where to go now

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 04:12 PM
dodgeman89 is on a distinguished road
Default please help im not sure where to go now

hey i hope some one on here can help me out. i have a 2000 chevy blaze and last week when my wife was on the way home from work when she got on the high way. it started to miss really bad and the ses light started flashng and stored a codes p0300. so i checked the cap and it had a hole in it by were plug one and two run right by each other. so i replaced the cap and it runs a little better. but its still has a miss at idle and when i drove down the road. and i checked the plugs and they look good and i replaced the crank sensor to. please help

Old 12-10-2012, 05:12 PM
greenmachineblazer is on a distinguished road

is the light still on? could it be possible that the timing is off a tooth

Old 12-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Beginning Member
OhioLefty is on a distinguished road

Try cleaning the Mass Air Flow Sensor (MAF) but be careful, it is really delicate. I have a 2000 Blazer LT and mine developed a miss and cleaning the MAF sensor straightened it right up.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:04 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Did you install an AC Delco cap?
Did you put silicone dielectric grease on each terminal, inside and out of the cap?
Was there a DTC indicating a problem with the crankshaft position sensor?
Did you perform the (mandatory) crankshaft position sensor relearn after you replaced it?
Have you checked camshaft retard? (Done with a capable scan tool).
Each one of these items could cause a misfire.

Additionally:
Did you clear all DTC's from memory?
Is the SES light on?
If so, what DTC's are in memory?
If the distributor is off a tooth, (or more) it will set DTC P1345.

Last edited by Captain Hook; 12-10-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:10 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road
Smile

WOW Captain Hook I think you mentioned all possibilities ,keep up the good work.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Naaa, there's more but that's a good start

Old 12-11-2012, 03:32 PM
dodgeman89 is on a distinguished road

yeah the light is back on again. and yes i did check the timing and its on. and i did clean the maf sensor to. the cap i put on it is orileys life time cap. the thing i don't understand is it is hit or miss. because i drove it yesterday to work witch is 45 miles one way. and it ran like crap all the way to work but on my way home it ran good for about 40 miles and then it started to miss again and flash the check engine light.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
Naaa, there's more but that's a good start
Well when the day comes to start mine and get it on the road if I have any problems I cant figure out I know who im turning to for help

Old 12-11-2012, 03:38 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by dodgeman89
yeah the light is back on again. and yes i did check the timing and its on. and i did clean the maf sensor to. the cap i put on it is orileys life time cap. the thing i don't understand is it is hit or miss. because i drove it yesterday to work witch is 45 miles one way. and it ran like crap all the way to work but on my way home it ran good for about 40 miles and then it started to miss again and flash the check engine light.
You need to pull some codes that way we know which way to go.The TPS could be bad,The map and IAC all of those could case your problems.Another thing about the orileys caps just cause they are lifetime they are not the same as AC Delco.The lifetime caps have brass terminals but it doesnt mean it last.I bought one for my truck it corrodes up just as fast with the aluminum caps.I changed my rotor and cap tp AC Delco my trucks runs better and it doesnt corrode as bad.Im not sure why they are different but I took advice from members on this great site and made a big difference.
You can have a vacume leak also,I suggest spraying around the throttle body with some carb cleaner.Check all your vacume lines for loose connections or cracks.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:46 PM
Beginning Member
farley463 is on a distinguished road

Ya know man I just though about this and it might sound silly but try to reset the computer by unplugging the battery, because I'm thinking that since the computer is running off of bad parameters from the cap and you need to try and make it relearn itself. That may or may not do it but its free so why not try it lol.

Quick Reply: please help im not sure where to go now