2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Pop Out Window (2door)

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2023, 09:12 PM
Beginning Member
03_BLAZER will become famous soon enough
Default Pop Out Window (2door)

I figured there isn't a better place to ask for help on this item! I have a 2 door blazer and long story short locked keys in the truck one late afternoon at home depot and tried to pry open the backseat pop out windows to reach the unlock button but ended up shattering the window instead.

I have searched online for new windows to no avail. Safelite quoted 1,500 which seems outrageous. It seems to be riveted in to the cab. The seal is still all there just shatterd glass. It is the backseat glass behind the doors that pop open slightly to allow for ventilation. Any help is appreciated or any suggestions on where to go to have it done for a more reasonable number.

Old 10-30-2023, 03:35 PM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Never had a 2-door, and don't know how to remove those windows, but I'd start looking at a U-pull type place and see if you can find a replacement there.

Old 10-30-2023, 07:25 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Agree with above. If I had seen this before you busted out your window I would have told you to bust out your passenger front window. Much easier to find and replace, and much less expensive to boot.

Old 10-30-2023, 10:13 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by AJBert
Agree with above. If I had seen this before you busted out your window I would have told you to bust out your passenger front window. Much easier to find and replace, and much less expensive to boot.
Thanks for the suggestions guys, ive been looking online frequently at the pick n pull places but no luck yet. Talked with my local mechanic and he quoted me 300 installed. He didn't sound to confident about it and said he would call me when he gets the window. I guess time will tell! I couldn't find any video online of it being replaced and there is a video for just about every other repair on this truck which I like!

Old 10-31-2023, 10:20 AM
puttster will become famous soon enough

Good luck, and good to know.

Old 11-01-2023, 12:38 PM
Beginning Member

I NEED THIS DAMN WINDOW! 🤣

Old 11-01-2023, 03:35 PM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Gorilla Tape FTW.

Old 11-01-2023, 11:21 PM

Problem solved, LOL

Old 11-02-2023, 07:18 AM
Beginning Member
martybgood is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 03_BLAZER
I figured there isn't a better place to ask for help on this item! I have a 2 door blazer and long story short locked keys in the truck one late afternoon at home depot and tried to pry open the backseat pop out windows to reach the unlock button but ended up shattering the window instead.

I have searched online for new windows to no avail. Safelite quoted 1,500 which seems outrageous. It seems to be riveted in to the cab. The seal is still all there just shatterd glass. It is the backseat glass behind the doors that pop open slightly to allow for ventilation. Any help is appreciated or any suggestions on where to go to have it done for a more reasonable number.
I just sent my 2dr 98 Blazer to pickapart in Horseheads NY.

Old 11-05-2023, 08:47 PM

OK, we need someone in NY to go get the window and send it to 03 Blazer in Florida!

Quick Reply: Pop Out Window (2door)