2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

power lock problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 11:29 AM
Beginning Member
crasy is on a distinguished road
Default power lock problem

I went camping yesterday and when i woke up this morning my power locks were going crazy. I can hear the locks locking and unlocking randomly. I checked all the fuses and they all seem okay. Also the lock and unlock buttons on my keyless entry were not working, only the hatch and alarm buttons. Any ideas?

Old 05-31-2009, 12:36 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Did you get moisture in/on your keyless entry remote? Wether it was from and drunken stumble into a creek (or crick depending on where you are in the world) or from some sweaty pocket action, moisture can cause those little guys to act up. Try popping it open, hitting it with a little air duster, and giving it a couple minutes in the sun to run off any moisture that may be present. Also check the contacts for corrosion if it has been wet previously. If you spot some, give her a quick scrub down.

GL, and Welcome to the forum BTW.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:50 PM
Beginning Member

thanks for the reply. i think the problem may have something to do with the blazer because i have two sets of keyless entry keychains. the windows were up, and i don't think anything got wet, but my blazer may have been struck by lightning?
also i forgot to mention, whenever i put in or take out the number 7 fuse that controls the power locks, the locks click and lock or unlock a time or two.
update: when i take out the fuse to the power locks, the keyless entry works. but when the lck fuse (number 7) is in, i cant use the keyless entry and things click and clack and go crazy. sorry i dont know how to describe it better.

Last edited by crasy; 05-31-2009 at 03:00 PM. Reason: forgot to mention
Old 06-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What are you driving?

Old 06-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Beginning Member

98 blazer

Old 06-05-2009, 02:26 PM
halyak12 is an unknown quantity at this point

same problem here. locks on the truck just randomly go off.

locking, unlocking.

never got remotes wet and all fuses are good.

looking forward to a solution to this.

i have a 2000 ZR2 Blazer

Last edited by halyak12; 06-05-2009 at 02:27 PM. Reason: forgot to add what i am driving
Old 06-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Could be a broken switch on one of the doors causing it to happen. Or wiring issues under the dash.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:31 PM
WickedBerry is on a distinguished road

I have the same issue...it rained for almost 3 days straight non stop here in Pennsylvania, now my power locks are possessed! I don't have keyless entry remotes (mine doesnt even have the remote keyless unit) I have a 98 blazer. Any thoughts? I use my rear gate as much as I need my locks to work. Thanks.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:42 AM
launcebugbee is on a distinguished road

my locks too, but my problem is a lil different. my keyless entry works for a lil bit same w the power door lock button on the door, then the self-resetting breaker heats up red-hot after driving a mile or two then I have to take it out to avoid a melt down. the only way to lock the back hatch is to have this working, anyone have this same issue and had it fixed???? I have a 1997 T-10 Blazer, 186k miles

Last edited by launcebugbee; 09-15-2009 at 10:44 AM. Reason: add details.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:00 PM
frankenstein is on a distinguished road

have any posters been able to solve this problem?
my 00 blazer power locks have become possessed very recently.
when vehicle is in motion or parked position the power door locks open and close randomly.
this affects all locks and appears to open them more often than close them as i sometimes hear the mechanism activate while locks remain open. this only happens while vehicle is on and does not appear to be triggered by acceleration or braking,potholes or other road or weather conditions.
i have an aftermarket alarm and autostart installed also when vehicle was first purchased but i ruled out keyless entry remotes. what else can i look at to try troubleshoot?

Quick Reply: power lock problem