2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Power window

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 06:45 PM
Beginning Member
Theejonnyboy is on a distinguished road
Default Power window

My passenger window on my 2000 blazer just quit working by either switch master or passengers,(and no my window lock is not on). i checked the fuse and both switches with a test light, both good. When ever i try to use the window there is no noise at all that indicates a bad motor or anything. so im thinking its a ground loose or something. what should i check? also this happened once before but i slammed the door one good time and worked but not this time.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:09 PM
Starting Member
trucktom is on a distinguished road

if slamming the door helped onece and not now, that tells me the motor is bad. either way u have to pull the panel off and look for both legs of power at the motor. could be a broken wire in door jamb but i doubt it, usually happens on drivers side door because of excessive use. try holding the switch while wrapping the middle of door with fist, if works then dies, motor time. this works on all electric dc motors if they have a dead spot on the armature.

Old 06-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Beginning Member

Last night i was just trying the window again and it didnt work, so i just held the button down for like 10 seconds and all of sudden i heard a jerk and the window went down. maybe it got stuck? but ill try your idea still when ever it goes out again. But what do you think now that its working again. Still the motor

Old 06-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Starting Member
trucktom is on a distinguished road

yeah, it has to land on the dead spot in the armature to act up. no gm door switches are the worst out there, your sure its not just the switch? u can push and rock it around and it will usually start working again. either way when the time come put a meter at the motor plug before u spend any money and make sure u got reliable power

Old 06-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Beginning Member

just went out again so i guess im going to have to open it up and see if the motor getting the right voltage. i checked all the switches and they're good.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:28 PM
Beginning Member

just an update****

it was the motor. slaming the door kinda of just got it going for a bit. replaced it and works fine. If you have to do this i looked up videos on youtube on how to do this but its not easy. you will need two people to help take the regulator out and put back in.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:29 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

is it possible to do it in the door its self? with out removeing the regulator ?

Old 07-30-2011, 04:41 AM
dman001948 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the same problem on my 2000 LT 4x4 blazer. Sometimes the window works, sometimes it don't. I figure its a dead spot. I have purchase a new motor but haven't put it in yet. After looking in up and how to replace it. Looks like a real pain in the shorts, but it can done with one person. I dread the day I will have to. Right now I'm more concern over what I "Think" is my "fuel pressure regualator". After the truck sits for about 3 days, I have a hard time trying to start it. I figure a fuel drain because it won't hole the pressure. Another pain in the butt to change and I'm not getting any younger let me tell you...plus out here in AZ right now the temp is in the 100's during the day and only drops to in the 90's at night. So I'll wait until cooler temp to tackle either one.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:34 PM
Beginning Member

I dont think theres a way, because when cut the rivets off the pole part wont come out without removing the regulator. We did manage to get the motor off before removing the regulator but then you have rivets where the new bolts go. And yes it is a pain in the butt. Probably took us about 2 hours but that was trying to figure out how to get the motor in without removing the regulator. So it will save you alot of time just to go ahead remove the regulator. make sure to tape the window up. There vids online also to help.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:13 AM
dman001948 is an unknown quantity at this point

In the video that I watch. It said to drill a hole in the unit and put a bolt and nut on it prior to removal or you can get injure (Under 40lbs of pressure). Once you do this you can remove the whole unit, but 1st take the glass all the way out. Once out you can remove the old motor and re-install. Once install remove the bolt and nut to let it expand out again. Now the motor is another story, for the OEM ones have 1/2" rivets in them that you must get out. Must people don't have a rivet gun that will pop that big of rivets back in, so you can use a nut bolt and lock washer to put the motor back on. Per the Video that I watch.

Quick Reply: Power window