2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

power windows not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Beginning Member
apross44 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation power windows not working

I just got a 98 blazer 4 door a couple days ago and on my test drive everything worked as it should (this was 4 days ago) now when I went to go use my window switch on my passenger side they didnt work but my power windows work fine on my driver side panel. when I try to use them on any other it just wont go, I've tried with both the window locked switch on and off and still nothing. also when I hit the lock switch on the passenger front door my dome light flickers. does anyone know what could be causing this?

Old 03-07-2010, 11:53 PM
Beginning Member
acavill is on a distinguished road

Probably not the problem, but it never hurts to check for any burned out fuses. Also, I would try pulling off the driver's door panel to check for any shorted out or ripped out wires.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:06 AM
Beginning Member

I just noticed how I wrote my first post and I wanted to clarify it. My whole drivers side door window panel works fine for all of my windows in my truck but when I go to use the door panel on any other door it does not work even turning the window lock switch doesnt work. I checked all my fuses on the side of the dash and they were all fine. and I didnt see and fuse for them under my hood (I could be wrong I checked very quickly)

Old 03-08-2010, 12:16 AM
portcqb is an unknown quantity at this point

All the other door controls run through the drivers door control. My passenger window control wouldnt work for the longest time pulled out the drivers control made sure all the wires were snug and wallah it works again.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:36 AM
Beginning Member

Yeah if that's the case I'd definitely pull the drivers door panel off and check all the wiring and connections. There could be a harness that's un hooked or something like that.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:31 AM
Beginning Member

Okay I will try that tonight when I get out of work also this might sound dumb but how do I get the harnesses out of the door window panel I tried using a flat head to unclipthe clip but it doesn't seem to want to come out? I am trying to replace mine since my top clip snapped an it won't stay in place.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:03 PM
same130 is on a distinguished road

actually you don't have to pull the dr pnl. i just put mine back together, grab the the frt of swt and pull back and up sharply. it should pop out, you mite need a screwdr if its never been apart. the conn are a #@%$%$ to get apart. 1/4" screwdr slid down in and a lot of wiggleing to get'm out , check for loose conn first, my swt was fryed ,prob due to water through the open window, not made like used to be.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Beginning Member

I tried with a screw driver and got one of them out (the one for the window lock) but the other ones didn't seem to budge at all, I felt that they were going to break.

Old 03-13-2010, 02:57 AM
Beginning Member
vze4yrte is on a distinguished road

did u buy yor truck in Woodbridge? is it black?

I'm in jersey too and I've been looking for a blazer and a couple I foun were sold

Old 03-13-2010, 04:14 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by apross44
Okay I will try that tonight when I get out of work also this might sound dumb but how do I get the harnesses out of the door window panel I tried using a flat head to unclipthe clip but it doesn't seem to want to come out? I am trying to replace mine since my top clip snapped an it won't stay in place.
Sorry but I can't help you out too much as far as that goes. I've never had to pull the wire harnesses out (yet). I would imagine using a screwdriver should get the job done but then again obviously you don't want to break it. Maybe someone else might know, if not look in a Chilton's or Haynes repair book.

Quick Reply: power windows not working