2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

quad beam problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 08:49 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough
Default quad beam problems

ok i just did the quad beam mod by splicing into the yellow wire and grounding it. Now the low beams go on whenever im in gear. They are turning on like the DRLs but i also disabled the DRLs. Is there anyway to fix this?

Old 02-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: quad beam problems

That was one of the most annoying parts of the quad beam mod. I never really liked that and never did find a way around it.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Starting Member
OILCOUNTRY is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it sounds like you dont want to have your DRL's anymore so i dont know if this will be any help to you. i used this link about a month ago and love the way it works simple and easy and now my Low beams dont come on with my DRL's(mine are run theought the Hi-Beam bulb) heres the link its easy to follow.
http://www.s-10crewcab.com/~henryj/quad.html

Old 02-08-2009, 09:15 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

can the DRLs be disabled in the BCM using a tech 2

Old 08-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Starting Member
blazeitupdrgonzo is on a distinguished road

Hey oil country, I did the quad beam mod like the in the link and it worked perfect, thanks

Old 03-16-2010, 08:27 AM
Tony H is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OILCOUNTRY Still out there?

I was hoping to look at your version of the Quad Beam upgrade but am getting TIMED_OUT from the link you have. Not sure if that URL still exists. If you have another Link please post it.
Apparently there are issues with the simple grounding of the Yellow wire that was not mentioned in any other Quad Beam Post. I read that Low beams come on all the time when driving after grounding the yellow wire.

After Searching "Healights", "four Headlights" and alike, and getting nothing I finally figured out that teh S-10 world calls it "Quad Beam". Then I found a bunch of stuff. Wasn't sure if I had only ground the yellow wire on Just one Headlight or Both then I find a post that says to simply ground a yellow wire and the next sentence has a Relay involved.So???
Then I read this one that Fesses up that it doesn't work correctly, it creats a DRL situation.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:58 AM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough
Old 03-16-2010, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by warthogdriver
This is the one I was trying to view, but it keeps Timing-Out before opening.

http://s-10crewcab.net/forums/viewto...ad+beam#p69975 This site shows the URL for te one above.. It sounds like that's the one I need to get my daughters '00 Blazer fully functioning. Wish it would open. Is it opening for you?

Old 03-16-2010, 10:13 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like further internet issues on your end Tony. I can view them just fine.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:18 AM

I'll try on my home computer. Work locks some stuff out . I was surprised to get a Time-Out message. Usually I get a different message when they withhold

Quick Reply: quad beam problems