2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Question (kind of long story, I'll try and make short)

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 08:25 AM
Starting Member
mrshaneb is on a distinguished road
Default Question (kind of long story, I'll try and make short)

I have a 97 S10 Blazer 2dr 4x4. My Service Engine Soon Light came on Wensday, I previously had a Tornado in her that I thought could be the calpret so I took it out (of course I also made an appointment to have the Codes checked) I was going to take her to advanced real quick though to have them scan it, but the Light went out and advanced said they couldn't scan it. Friday cam and my Mechanic put it on his machine and there were no Codes at all, they checked the Engine and Cylinders 2 and 6 were miss firing. The spark plugs were at a 70 gap when it should be a 40, plus a few others were loose, got new spark plugs buttoned it all up and was running fine. Well Yesterday (Sunday) the SES Light came on again, this time I took it straight to advance to have them read it, it wouldn't pull anything up at all, they checked the machine on another vehicle and worked fine. Also while the Blazer was running they tried it, but didn't realize she was running and tried to start it a couple time dispite the noise it makes when it's trying to start while started. It stalled out, then they restarted it and the SES Light went out. What the heck could be the problem, a short, Oil not going through properly, the Gas, I am really at a loss here.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Shane

Old 11-22-2010, 08:25 PM
Starting Member

BUMP!!!!

Old 11-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Please be patient and wait at least 24 hours before bumping a post. We all lead active lives and cannot be on all the time to answer questions.

My advice would be to find someone with a better scan tool. Codes do not just disappear. They are stored until cleared.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:46 PM
dman001948 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a like problem and they pull the codes from the history (The codes are there). I had number 5 and 7 misfire, but the light was still on and it ran fine after I took it out on the road and floor it. So for my peace of mine, I had the local shop up here run a injection cleaner system throught and clean the MAFS and reset the Light. Runs fine and I think I'm getting better gas mileage now.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:15 PM
Starting Member

Cool, Thanks.