2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

quick question

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 12:01 PM
chaoticdopey is on a distinguished road
Default quick question

ok well 2 days ago i bought a 2000 s10 4x4 zr2, my question is it has a factory alarm, the guy said the battery in the remote was dead but i checked it and i took it to autozone so i could check the remote works and it does, i was wondering is there a fuse for the alarm system on these truck? if so i cant find it in the hood or door panel.

Old 08-06-2011, 02:46 PM
RonJon is an unknown quantity at this point

TBC fuse in underhood block powers the Remote Control Door Lock reciever.

Old 08-06-2011, 03:28 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Is the remote programmed for the truck? Try holding the lock and unlock buttons together for about 10 seconds near the truck. If he replaced the battery but never re-synched it, the tip I mentioned may help.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:49 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Just an FYI, the factory "alarm" works only when it senses a change in the voltage, not shock. Try pulling on the door handle. This should illuminate the dome light which should set off the alarm.

You don't need the FOB in order to set the alarm. Just lock the doors using the switch on the arm rest. This will tell you if the alarm is working.

Of course, you need a working horn.

Old 08-07-2011, 03:01 AM
chaoticdopey is on a distinguished road

iit just needed to be reprogrammed, i found the DIY.

You have to reprogram the remote. It takes cordination though.

With the drivers door closed sit in the truck and press and hold the unlock button on the door

While holding th unlock button down turn the igniton form off to on and then off to on and then off again within 10 seconds.

Let go of the unlock button on the door. The locks on the truck will lock and unlock right away.

As soon as that happens hold down the lock and unlock buttons on the remote and wait up to 30 seconds. When it is programed the doors will lock and unlock by them selves. Let go of the buttons on the remote. Turn the key on the truck to on and try the remote. They should work. If not try the whole process again. If it doesn't program after 3 times of correctly doing the proceedure you may have a problem with the keyless module in the truck and a dealer would have to address that problem. Good luck.