2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

quick question

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 01:17 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: quick question

Shhhhhh, I'm just trying to get the max out of the massage time.....lol

Old 12-07-2006, 01:41 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

8 hours! How many beers are you drinkin' during this repair? I could have it done in 2 hours fully welded! And I'm under 10 hours drive! LOL
to quote Adam Sandler " Somebody's Closer"

Old 12-07-2006, 03:57 PM
Starting Member
pilgrim is an unknown quantity at this point

If that cat is plugged, your gas mileage could drop WAY down along with the performance reduction. That might cost more than a generic cat replacement. Call muffler shops and find out what a generic costs - bet it's under $200. Just don't go to the dealer.

Old 12-07-2006, 04:30 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

ya, mine rattled like a biotch too, for a while, now its settled dwn and I rarely hear it, maybe you'll get lucky too. Is the cat something that should be replaced asap? will it affect anything else(other than gas mileage)

Old 12-07-2006, 08:02 PM
jv1
jv1 is an unknown quantity at this point

bah just take it off and hollow it out[8D]. Save you alot of money.

Old 12-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: jv1

bah just take it off and hollow it out[8D]. Save you alot of money.
Yeah, that is until inspection time and you get fined by the federal government! Then you would have wished you spent the $200 or whatever to put on a new cat.

Old 12-07-2006, 10:03 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

you boys are killing me!!! Always bring a smile to my face.....I will have to replace my shoulders at this point....how about some beers to supplement?? As for my little problem..I asked santa for a new cat for christmas...and he's tracking down a good after market one..and I am having the guy at muffler man install it...he's a good guy..and it helps that my dad taught him how to fix cars....talk about full circle....besides...I will need to put a new one on anyways when I sell it this spring....

as for blazinloud...I would seriously get it looked at....I think the only reason I noticed the hissing sound coming from mine (after the rattle) was because I have all my door trim off at the moment trying to figure out where my truck is leaking....and that's when I noticed the horsepower loss...and I blamed it on my transmission service.....

Old 12-07-2006, 11:27 PM
SDimeBlazerlady is an unknown quantity at this point

My 3.1 V6 Beretta lagged til i got the cat Replaced! it hissed also.....Maybe its a GM thang!New cat...New car so it seemed lol....Anyways good luck

Old 12-09-2006, 09:05 PM
BF Veteran

yeah the hissing is what tipped me off...and I have been mainly doing "around the town" driving...well I went to hit the highway with my canoe on top of my truck yesterday.....well..lets say the max cruising speed I was able to obtain going down hill with the wind behind me was about 70......I had to slow down on all the hills because my truck would jump into a really high rpm....*sigh* it was slow and and painful. then my check engine light went on...so it ran even worse...bah! but it made it.....can't wait until I get it fixed next week.....

Old 12-12-2006, 11:40 PM
BF Veteran

Got the converter fixed today! woo hoo! Only took the guy about an hour and a half...and because my dad taught him how to fix cars...a minor 150 dollars...not too bad...and now my truck accelerates....and runs like a champ!! back to her old self!!! woo hoo!! no more slow lane for me

Quick Reply: quick question