2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

random clicking in passenger kick panel

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Starting Member
tdbone1 is on a distinguished road
Question random clicking in passenger kick panel

i hear random clicking sometimes in my passenger front kick panel
i thought this was where the TCC module is located but from what i have been reading it also make noise there when the multifunction switch is going out?

could it be clicking there because the TCC is shorting out?

when it does its clicking i dont hear or see my turn signal working

99 blazer ls 4x4 4.3L (3 button 4x4)

Old 12-01-2012, 02:34 PM
Beginning Member
Shaun Bogen is on a distinguished road

if it is the sound that the blinker makes when it is on its prob your MFS i just changed mine since it got to the point where the ticking was non stop and where my brake lights were being messed up by it. and ever since changing it (two weeks ago) there hasnt been any issues

Old 12-02-2012, 08:32 AM
Starting Member

crap
i bought this one off ebay a while back because my original didnt work
it wouldnt turn when i put it in turn position

i left positive feedback because when i turn the switch it works but sometimes it sounds like the relay is working FAST when im not even touching the switch

so when it starts going crazy like that one of my systems should be lighting up or something shouldnt it?
turn signal or like you brake lights or something...

so is there a relay in that TCC box behind the kick panel as that is where i hear the noise from?

Old 12-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Beginning Member

yeah im not an expert so i am not completely sure. there is a little relay behind you glove box it prob has like a green zip tie around it i think thats how it came factory but that is what may be making the clicking noise. and i tried to change that but thae new one i put it just kept on clicking like the old one so later on i changed the whole assembly on the steering column and it stopped. but it would click at normal pace that the blinker sounds like but every once in a while would spaz the heck out like sound like the blinker should be going at about 1000000 times per sec. but i am not completely sure how all the electrical works

Old 12-03-2012, 02:33 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Shaun Bogen
yeah im not an expert so i am not completely sure. there is a little relay behind you glove box it prob has like a green zip tie around it i think thats how it came factory but that is what may be making the clicking noise. and i tried to change that but thae new one i put it just kept on clicking like the old one so later on i changed the whole assembly on the steering column and it stopped. but it would click at normal pace that the blinker sounds like but every once in a while would spaz the heck out like sound like the blinker should be going at about 1000000 times per sec. but i am not completely sure how all the electrical works
yea that is exactly what mine does too

my turn signals used to not work at all so i ordered a multi-function switch (turn signal arm) and that made my turn signals work but now i hear that noise you described
i thought my passenger front park light was burnt out so i switched it with the drivers side and it worked
so i have a short or open somewhere in that system
the 2 wires coming out of the socket where the light plugs in look bent and crimped and could have an open there but maybe it has something to do with that relay noise i hear going crazy sometimes

anyone know a good way to track this down?
i could cut the wires where the bends are at the socket but i would not be able to re-attach the wires there as there is not enough sticking out to reconnect to so i dont really want to do that unless i have to

just wanted to add that when i turn on the flashers the light still dont work

Last edited by tdbone1; 12-03-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Beginning Member

sadly i cant help with this :/ sorry man

Old 12-04-2012, 07:44 AM
Starting Member

i would like to be able to see a diagram where i could trace the two wires that goto that RH park light so i can probe it for voltage at certain points

anyone have a schematic for a 99 blazer ls 4x4 (3 button four wheel drive) and 4 door.

8th digit = W