2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Rear seatbelt repair

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 03:56 PM
Starting Member
JediKnight2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rear seatbelt repair

I have a 97 Jimmy and need to repair/replace a seatbelt component in the rear...It is the buckle part for the center passenger....the part that gets snapped into. I thought it was a separate component...but after looking it looks like it is part of the flippin seats...BOTH seats...which kinda makes no sense...do the plastic parts come off somehow for a repair?

Old 04-17-2008, 10:19 AM
Starting Member
Default RE: Rear seatbelt repair

Answer...they don't come off...you have to buy the WHOLE HINGE and replace it....

Old 04-17-2008, 10:21 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Weird...I though the rear buckles were just bolted through the seat frame...although I havn't looked in a while...

That sucks though...how much for a whole assembly?

Old 04-17-2008, 12:01 PM
Starting Member

65 bucks...what it is is part of the hinge on the left side of the seat behind the passenger...you have to take two bolts off of the floor...then one bolt in left side of the seat....and replace...kinda doesn't make any sense...they SHOULD have made it a seperate piece...would have made things a WHOLE lot easier...ENGINEERS...sometimes I wonder...

Old 04-17-2008, 12:09 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Way to lump on the engineers there... I guess whatever makes you feel better right...? Such a waste. Generalizations make the world go-round don't they?? Why not beat up on the person that actually cut your seat belt?

You gripe about something that costs $65 and holds you or someone riding with you IN the vehicle in the event of an accident... Hmmm... Seems misguided.

Sorry I'm a bit curt here, but I take it as a slap in the face when someone drops a ridiculous generalization about something that they *may* know very little of (in respect to the circumstances behind the design as it was finalized). Packaging and manufacture-ability are concepts that VERY few understand. Not to mention the forces that this assembly must be made to withstand...

Old 04-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Starting Member

WHOA WHOA WHOA TEX....back the train up....that statement was kind of kidding around and poking fun....mostly at Wolfpack because NC State is an Engineering school...and I am a Tarheel fan....While I don't have much experience with engineering..well acutally NONE...I can say that there COULD have been a different design different from what is there...that's just 12 years of Crash Fire and Rescue talking....There might well be a VERY good reason it was done like that...as far as the 65.00 part....that's not a problem as I am dumping 550 this weekend on the AC...

I'm from the south dude....you know we are really slow down here....I didn't intend to tork anyone off. I have to take a jab at NC State students whenever and wherever possible...it's my lot in life. I'm trying to find a way to hack into Wolfpack's account so I can change his signature photo to #1 UNC/DUKE FAN!!! Course....all of this comes with a curse as my wife...sadly...NC STATE girl...guess she couldn't be perfect...

Old 07-30-2008, 05:48 PM
LONGER is an unknown quantity at this point

Bringing back an old thread.
Anyone know the part number for the buckle, hinge or whatever is needed. I need the two headed rear seat belt buckle too.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Starting Member

I might have one for you. Take a look here... http://www.illuminationsfx.com/buckle.wmv and tell me which one you have....

Old 07-31-2008, 07:03 AM
LONGER is an unknown quantity at this point

I need the one that you have in your hand throughout that video. How much and would you take paypal?
I just got the truck all lifted and project is done and my kids are dying to ride in it, but cant buckle them in.

Old 08-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Starting Member

The one in my hand is the one I needed...I still have the one that was attached to the seat...I was hoping that was the one you needed.

Quick Reply: Rear seatbelt repair