2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

rear washer fluid!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 06:39 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point
Default rear washer fluid!

has anyone had any strange problems yet of their washer fluid leaking out underneath sumwhere basically from the area of the gas door.. its def not gas its washer fluid...I filled up my resevoir and it all leaked out the back ...

Old 02-17-2008, 07:06 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: rear washer fluid!

Sounds like you have a broken line for the rear washer. The line runs through the interior though. I would think it would result in a wet carpet before it would go outside...

Old 02-18-2008, 02:08 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Maybe his line broke/disconnected and fell down...

Still kinda odd for it to be leaking outside before inside... Unless the puddle is hidden by a subwoofer, or it's leaking behind the spare tire.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:04 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The line for the rear washer enters the interior under the brake booster. It is inside the truck the whole time until it goes into the tailgate.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:13 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Time to start stripping the interior

Old 02-24-2008, 10:05 PM
Beginning Member
TimmiT is an unknown quantity at this point

I had that. The line disconected at the exit to the tailgate. I had fluid under the carpet, and it leaked outside, dripping on the drivers side rear corner.

To fix, pull the trim piece that runs accross the truck at the tailgate. There is a small space there, near the center, and you will see the line. Should be able to reconnect, if it is not camaged elsewhere.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:50 AM
Starting Member
garry2000blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the same(?) problem, but my leak was easy to find because it drippedstraight down to the carpetfrom the upper trim panel.Couldn't miss it in the rear view mirror.
They use hard plastic tubingfor the interior and thehose going into the tailgate. They splice those two pieces together using a soft rubber junction.The problem is thatplastic tubing shrinks in length due to thecombined effects of time andtemperature cycling (hot summers, cold winters). When I removed the interior panel to get access to the tubing, there was about an inch between theplastic tubing and the rubber junction.
I had some vacuum line that was the same ID as the OD of the plastic tubing, so I used some of that to makelonger junctionpiece to join the two sections of tubing together. It was an easy fixand I though life was great - but:
I went to test my newly repaired rear window washer -no leaks inside, but no washer fluid on the window either!
I took the cover panel off of the tailgate and discovered I had the same problem at the other end of the tube I just fixed...added a longer piece of tubing inside the tailgate and everything's been fine since.
Not sure if I needed to or not, but for piece of mind I used some tie wraps as clamps to tighten thevacuum line tothe plastic tubing.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:00 PM
xmradioguy is an unknown quantity at this point

I just fixed that same problem on mine my hose was off inside the tailgate at the top where it connects to theelbow that goes through the tailgate to the wiper. It would leak out the bottom of the tailgate and look like the leak was under the truck.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:04 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

I just took my whole fluid system out, I think I may have it still in my garage I know the line that runs on the inside is still in mine if you need I can take out the whole line and make a deal with you for the whole thing I don't need it anymore I don't have my resevoir in my truck at all!! I had to get rid of it to tub the front of mine out!!