2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Remote Keyless Entry ( post 2,308 )

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 08:42 PM
Beginning Member
Radio Doc is on a distinguished road
Default Remote Keyless Entry ( post 2,308 )

As much as this subject has been beaten, there are still a few questions that remain.

I have a 2000 blazer ( second owner ) Wireless fob was on key ring, but never worked.

So I look under the dash .... under the "hush panel" on the driver's side .

Nothing resembling a "RKE box" that I can see ....
( I have never seen a RKE box if that helps ..... )

There are several connectors that might be unattached ... one is a 2x2 four conductor and another is a multi-pin ( maybe 8 ) single row in-line connector , but the strange thing about that one is that it has ( from what I can tell ) a factory plastic cover protecting the pins .

Now, by coincidence, my cousin was rummaging through a junkyard and he spotted a 2000 blazer and wanted to know if there was anything I needed besides a rear bumper.... YES !!! It's still got the keys in it and a wireless fob with four buttons .....

OK.... I give instructions on locating the wireless receiver .... 4 7mm bolts and the hush panel drops down and then you should see a plastic box maybe the size of a pack of cigarettes.... NOTHING NADA ZIP ........

So.... am I looking for love in all the wrong places ....... Woops wrong song.

What is happening ? If junkyard blazer was stripped ( cousin says the hush panel hadn't been removed before from what he could tell ) then why didn't the stripeee take the 4 button fob along with the receiver ?

Could there be a second location for the receiver ?

What kind of connectors attach to the receiver ( for those of you who have actually found the receiver ).

If I knew what connectors were left dangeling , maybe I could make this work...

ps ... I do have the AU0 code in the glove box. ( EDITED FOR CORRECT AU0 code )

Don R

Last edited by Radio Doc; 09-17-2015 at 05:49 AM.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:52 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

AU3 is power locks, which is mandatory to have Remote Keyless entry, which is AU0, you need both to have RKE.

Old 09-17-2015, 05:53 AM
Beginning Member
Radio Doc is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
AU3 is power locks, which is mandatory to have Remote Keyless entry, which is AU0, you need both to have RKE.

Yes, I put down the wrong code .... looking again, it was the AU0 on my blazer but unknown on the donor.

I still don't know what the connectors look like.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:46 AM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

The connector has 4 cavities, only 3 are used, (1, 2, & 4). If memory serves correct, it's a flat connector, (not square). The RKE receiver originally was attached to the upper side of the hush panel, just below the steering column. There are two orange wires: One comes from the underhood fuse panel, TRC 10 amp fuse, hot at all times. The other orange wire is the RKE signal to the BCM. There is one black with white trace wire, and it grounds to the rear of the right cylinder head. With the receiver disconnected, it must show less than 5 ohms resistance to ground.