Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Removing Remote Keyless Entry RKE Module

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 02:34 AM
Beginning Member
paulf707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Removing Remote Keyless Entry RKE Module

Hi all

I've read a number of posts on here saying that if you've got the wiring for the RKE module, all you need to do is plug it in....

Does this mean that if I want to remove this, I can just unplug the RKE module? Will this completely disable the Immobiliser? or will it just leave my Blazer immobilised with no way of getting it running again!

My problem is I've only got one remote fob, which really doesn't work very well. I can't get a replacement fob for it that works, and I'm worried if the fob fails, I'll be left immobilised without anyway to get the Blazer running again....

I've got a 1999 UK model (RHD) Blazer.

Thanks

PaulF

Old 08-01-2007, 08:00 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: Removing Remote Keyless Entry RKE Module

you can remove it, but all the RKE does is lock and unlock your doors. the immobilizer is in the key head and the ignition .so, as long as you have your key, you will be fine.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:13 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, what Pat said.

But you should be able to find replacement remotes online... All you need to do is match up the FCCID on the back of the remote with the new remote and reprogram them when the new ones get there.

Old 08-01-2007, 11:13 AM
Beginning Member
paulf707 is an unknown quantity at this point

The more I look into this, the more I find out the UK Blazers seem to be very different to the ones you guys have in the US

The Imobiliser is not in the key - I now open the doors using the key (as the remote only works from outside approx. 20% of the time), but I still have to press the unlock button on the fob before the Blazer will start.

There is no FCC ID on the fob, the only number is GM/UTA 15732810
I found a website that seemed to suggest that this related to FCC ID:KOBUTIBT, but I tried a new fob with this number but that wouldn't work. I then found someone else who could supply a fob with GM/UTA 15732810 on the back, but that wouldn't work either. I now believe that the reprogramming routine is different for the UK models - I think you need the 5 digit security code (which I don't have) to program a new remote.

Chevrolet UK only have 1 dealer who is authorised to work on these vehicles, and he's over 200 miles away.....

I (stupidly) assumed that now Chevrolet cars are more common in the UK, I wouldn't have any problems with the Blazer, but it seems these were originally imported by the Vauxhall garages - but as they're not imported any longer, the Vauxhall garagesdon't deal with them. When I speak to the Chevrolet dealers, most of them haven't even heard of a Blazer, and certainly can't do much with them.

[:@]