2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Remote locking gone mad

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 06:38 AM
Beginning Member
Rudolph is on a distinguished road
Default Remote locking gone mad

Opening the doors with the remote is fine, but when I want to lock the doors I have to press: lock, unlock and then lock again!
When I press just lock once, lights starts flashing etc...
The guy I bought the Blazer from told me it was a common issue......I haven't been able to find any info on it though.
Any ideas anyone?

Old 11-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Beginning Member

no one?

Old 11-09-2011, 07:16 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Does the truck still use the stock RKE module under the dash or is there aftermarket equipment? If aftermarket, we may not really be in a position to help. If its stock, the RKE module may be faulty.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:22 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Does the truck still use the stock RKE module under the dash or is there aftermarket equipment? If aftermarket, we may not really be in a position to help. If its stock, the RKE module may be faulty.
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, completely stock still.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:52 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know anyone that has a Blazer with remote locks that you could try swapping the RKE module out of or maybe have access to a junkyard that would have one? That would be what I would try first.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:01 AM
Beginning Member

Unfortunately not.
Not much Blazers on the road here

Old 11-09-2011, 08:08 AM
Administrator

If you were to get the numbers off the RKE module, perhaps someone on this side of the pond would be able to help you out with a used replacement at cost of the part + shipping. The RKE module is located on the top side of the lower hush panel just above the brake/accelerator pedals behind the DLC (data link connector).

Old 11-09-2011, 11:09 AM
Beginning Member

Thanks for the tip.

If I unplug the RKE box for a while, then plug it back in - do I need to program the remotes again?

I believe there's a procedure for this on here somewhere...?.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Administrator

I do not believe that you will have to reprogram the RKE receiver to the fobs if you just unplug it. If you install another RKE receiver, then you will have to run through the procedure.

I have posted the procedure in the past so it should be out there somewhere. Might even be in the Tech Article (DIY); an index of which is linked to in my signature below.